Finance Vacancies at a Dynamic Micro-Finance Bank - Culminate Consulting
Posted on: 10 October, 2016
Deadline: 14 October, 2016
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at Culminate Consulting
Culminate Consulting is a professional service firm into the business of Recruitment, Training, Outsourcing and ISO 9001: 2015 QMS, HSE, OSHA Implementation. We have worked extensively across diverse sectors of the economy ranging from Telecommunication, Banking &Finance, Information Technology and Oil & Gas.
Our client a young and dynamic Micro-finance Bank with a vision to promote financial inclusion in Nigeria by Leveraging on Technology is currently recruiting in the following roles
- Full responsibility for the production of monthly management accounts
- Review and approve all reconciliation and schedules such as bank statements, schedule of accrued charges, prepayments etc.
- Statutory reporting and year end duties
- Consolidation and reporting to senior management
- Preparation of monthly budgetary control and performance.
- Preparation of overall annual budget of the bank, including the assumptions and the ratios.
- Treasury management and monitoring
- Raising invoices and ensuring invoices are paid promptly and on time.
- Preparation of 5 years financial plan / forecast.
- Assist in the preparation and review of all monthly and quarterly reports for Board, Shareholders, Regulatory bodies etc.
- Follow up on budget implementations and limits as it relates to each department. Investigates variances between budget and actual.
- Perform financial control functions.
- Develop and manage liquidity management tools
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and other financial accounts
- Assist Senior Managers in financial management and reporting activities.
- Manage account payables and receivables activities.
- Conduct finance audit periodically and recommend improvements.
- Develop financial policies and procedures for operational efficiency.
- Develop and maintain financial statements for future reference.
- Monitor and manage expenses within the established budget.
- Implement a structured and robust accounting department
- Work with External Auditors for the yearly audit of the accounts
- Minimum of B.Sc./HND in Accounting/Finance/Economics
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA, ICAN)
- Must have 5 Years professional experience with at least 2 years in financial services preferably Microfinance bank.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel &Word;
- Good knowledge of IFRS and Management Accounting
- Good knowledge of CBN regulatory reporting
- Attention to detail and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Strong Stakeholder Management and team player.
- Self Starter and ability to work independently
- Ideally good knowledge of popular core banking products
go to method of application »
- Introduce and implement effective systems, policies, structures and resources to support the growth of the institution and ensure adherence to the same;
- Serve as the Operations Lead for the banking system implementation, aligning system configuration with operational processes and policies
- Develop and manage a team of well-trained, focused and motivated Banking Services staff
- Manage centralized loan processing and account opening functions to ensure efficiency, quality and control over loan creation and completeness of Know Your Customer (KYC) / Anti-Money Laundering (AML) activities
- Define and implement new policies and procedures for Banking Services in support of product development / refinement or upon introduction of new technologies and delivery channels;
- Analyze operational risks, procedures, work flow and controls on an ongoing basis for continual improvement of operational systems
- Safeguard customer data and protect against fraud through management of authorization levels and access rights
- Develop and maintain sufficient business continuity plans to ensure service delivery in the event of minor to major incidences & escalation of service exceptions as needed
- Candidate must have a Degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics.
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in the Financial sector with at least a minimum of 3 years in a Commercial or Micro finance Bank
- Should ideally be a Certified Microfinance Banker or at least be aiming to complete within next 12 months
- Must have worked in Lagos for a good number of years
- Should be resident in Lagos.
Method of Application
All CV’s should be sent to email@example.com on/before Friday 14th October 2016, with the relevant position applied for as heading. Interviews is on first come first serve basis
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Culminate ConsultingSimilar Jobs
- I.T Support Officer at a Leading Commercial Bank - Workforce Group
- Relationship Manager, Priority at Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria
- Fresh Job Opportunities at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- Bureau de Change Manager at Verite Microfinance Bank Limited
- Entry-level Software Developer at Cellulant Nigeria
- Senior/Experienced Executive - Forensic at Deloitte Nigeria
- Marketers at Invictus Group
- Career Opportunities at Deloitte