The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is the largest humanitarian network in the world. Its mission is to alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity especially during armed conflicts and other emergencies. It is present in every country and supported by millions of volunteers.
The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is dedicated to preventing and alleviating human suffering in warfare and in emergencies such as epidemics, floods and earthquakes.
It is not a single organization. It is composed of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies and the 189 individual National Societies. Each has its own legal identity and role, but they are all united by seven Fundamental Principles.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Maiduguri Sub Delegation is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the
- Collaborate with local counterparts and contribute to the improvement of the quality of the blood bank in
- the State Specialist Hospital, Maiduguri and to ensure safe laboratory practice is followed.
- Work with the hospital blood bank team to assist the hospital blood bank provide the optimal standard of
- support within guidelines provided by the Nigerian Federal Ministry of Health and ICRC
- Ensure all staff complete correct specimen documentation and registration.
- Ensure patient confidentiality procedures are maintained
- Liaise with hospital staff to ensure specimen collection procedures are safe and accurate, with correct
- Train staff in collecting statistics, and ensure monthly laboratory statistics are accurate.
- Ensure the regular maintenance of lab equipment and ensure supplies and reagents are used correctly
- and economically.
- Compile clinical data from the blood bank
- Certified Laboratory Technologist/Scientist, registered with the Laboratory Board
- At least 2 to 3 years of experience as blood bank/|Lab technologist
- Degree or equivalent qualification as a Haematologist/ Immuno-haematologist
- Computer literate (Word, Excel...).
- Good spoken and written knowledge of English
- Team player
- Ability to provide both formal teaching sessions and informal on the job training.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with colleagues from various cultures and professional backgrounds
go to method of application »
- Executes all financial and administrative duties as assigned by the Finance and Administration Manager.
- Anticipates cash needs of the office and plans payments and request transfers accordingly
- Ensures that financial supporting documents are produced according to ICRC financial rules (translation,
- supplier information and stamp, logistic support documents, approvals / signatures etc.)
- Prepares and sends accounting documents for monthly closing to the Admin Assistant
- Ensures regular payments related to administration activities ex: electricity, water, office bills e.t.c
- Collates staff leave and overtime compensation requests and transmits them in a timely manner to the HR Service Provider in Yola SD
- Keeps up to date about HR policies and procedures and disseminates them to colleagues
- Supervises domestic staff including: organization and execution of tasks, organization of replacement when
- Minimum required knowledge & experience
- Minimum of Secondary education and Certificate in Business Administration or Secretarial Studies
- 1 years’ work experience in a similar position
- Knowledge of socio and economic environment of Northern Nigeria
- Good level of computer literacy and very good computer skills especially Office software
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Resourceful, motivated, has initiative and is organized
- Conscientious and methodical approach to tasks
Method of Application
Applicants should send application letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to
Please clearly indicate “Laboratory Field Officer Maiduguri" or “Administrative Clerk/Cashier Mubi" as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 21.10.2016, 16:30 h. Late application will not be considered
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
For more information about the ICRC, please visit our website www.icrc.org