Latest Job Openings at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
Posted on: 6 October, 2016
Deadline: 18 October, 2016
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Amaiden Energy Nigeria
Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited (formerly Moody International Nigeria Limited) was established in 1996 as a partnership between Moody International Group and Nigerian investors. Since commencing operations in March 1997 the company continues to grow and exerts its presence in numerous Projects in the Nigeria Oil and Gas Industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Type: Contracts
Job Nature: Resident
- Consolidate, control and coordinate all planning and progress measurement activities related to the package scope of supply.
- Ensure that all package activities are correctly planned and performed throughout the whole project duration in accordance with the initial plan.
- Focus on the package schedule and identify at all times any area of concern (critical path, clashes, early start, interfaces).
- Ensure availability at all times of updated and accurate package scheduling, planning and progress reporting documentation.
- Handle package reporting to the central project organization.
In particular the job holder will:
- Update the package work breakdown structure
- Elaborate, update and revise the package schedule.
- Elaborate and revise the package planning & progress measurement procedures and documents.
- Follow closely the activities of the contractor planning engineer(s).
- Monitor closely the contractor’s execution schedule and progress reports.
- Check and comment on the contractor’s procedures, schedules and methodology.
- Provide assistance to the Package Manager and Project Control Leader for all matters related to the planning & progress reporting as well as analyses and simulations of new schedules.
- Participate in reviews and technical audits on planning & progress activities.
- Provide detailed and accurate monthly progress reporting to be incorporated into the monthly project report.
- Prepare weekly and monthly package reports and handle their distribution.
- Collaborate with Package Cost controller for validating progress and milestones used in Contractor monthly invoice.
- Assist Planning Leader for integration of Work Package schedule into overall project integrated schedule
Context & Environment:
- The work will be carried in Nigeria with contractors working in various locations inside and potentially outside Nigeria.
- The job holder will be resident at the main contractor office during the detailed engineering and construction phases.
- The job holder is accountable for implementing the planning and progress control procedure to the Package including
- preparing, monitoring, updating and re-forecasting the planning schedules and the progress S-curves.
- Very good knowledge of Project Planning practices
- Very good knowledge of PRIMAVERA (version 6)
- At least 10 years experience in large oil & gas projects with strong technical, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Excellent command of written and spoken English; good communication skills.
go to method of application »
Job Type: Contracts
Job Nature: Rotational
- To follow-up the Construction and associated pre-commissioning activities related to Nigerian Content (NC) packages, up to end of Construction and load-out/integration works.
- Ensure that fabrication is in accordance with the design.
- To ensure that all construction activities related to his discipline are performed safely and efficiently in line with company objectives.
- To oversee the activities of all site teams within his discipline to ensure that all technical, contractual and cost information is properly recorded, collated and available for inspection/reference as required by company policy.
- To identify deficiencies and develop solutions to identified construction problems.
- Reviews of vendor’s documents and verify/check rotating machine arrived at workshop.
- Monitor QC activities within his discipline
- Comments on the contractor documents related to his discipline in due time. Review and comment site queries related to electrical works and co-ordinate the response with electrical engineer leader.
- To manage construction interfaces within his discipline with others (engineering, other sub-projects,commissioning) arbitrating between different disciplines, the only criterion being the overall good of the project.
- To maintain good relationships with contractors, being relatively flexible but also strict when necessary to achieve the objectives of the project.
- To ensure that safety remains the main priority on the construction site at all times and attend the toolbox meetings
- To ensure that the construction yards are provided with suitable information in line with requirements (technical & schedule), troubleshooting any technical problems that could affect construction/ fabrication.
- To identify critical activities and potential bottlenecks for the progress of the works.
- To inform periodically to Construction Yard Representative about the progress activities and area of concern.
- To prepare or help to prepare reports for company, partners, and authorities as required.
- To stay vigilant and maintain continuous awareness of hazards and surroundings.
- To participate to local programs or initiatives to improve HSSE performances.
- To report to Management on any issue they may face or observe and propose way of improvement.
- To also take care of colleagues safety and behavior without hesitating to intervene as much as necessary.
- To carefully assess hazards and risks when changes occur.
- To give his own input and making sure the workplace is safe (obviously clean and tidy).
- When in doubt, ask questions to gain clarification.
Context and Environment:
- Security issues and difficult relationships with local communities may arises at some worksites
- Rotational position
- Ensure the progress and quality the construction work in Nigeria with the development of an optimized and efficient supervision team
- Support and enforce the HSEQ project objectives and directives
- Professional experience (number of years): 10 years of relevant construction experience in Oil and Gas production projects
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Language: English fluent
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Amaiden Energy NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Job Vacancies at Petrok Oil And Gas Services Limited
- Discipline Engineer (Marine) at Petrok Oil And Gas Services Limited
- Job Openings at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
- HSE Supervision and Scaffold Services Officer at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Asset Integrity Engineer at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
- Job Vacancies at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
- Enginners at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
- Marketing and Communications Director at Jagal Group