Fresh Career Opportunity at MTN Nigeria
Posted on: 5 October, 2016
Deadline: 12 October, 2016
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at MTN Nigeria
MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
- To provide specialist advice for the resolution of network related faults emanating from subscribers and the Network Management Center.
- Extract value from what we already have by focusing on optimizing processes within the Unit/Department in line with the value creation philosophy. This includes individual contributions and recommendations to improve existing business project/initiative.
- Drive Innovation by identifying and taking advantage of new business opportunities, e.g., by stimulating and encouraging new business opportunities, launch of products, product/process innovation, business model innovation etc.
- Maintain leadership in the ICT/Digital industry by partnering with MTNN’s Partners to improve their processes which in turn will improve the efficiency of MTNN’s operations.
- Enhance/expand MTN’s role in the larger national macro environment by participating in CSR projects and/or NGO’s, involvement in recognized professional institutions, participating in think-tank activities etc.
- Sustain the right organisational culture and behaviors by demonstrating the vital behaviours every time.
- Source information on technical network related faults
- Liaise with the Friendship Centers, Dealers and Sales Outlets across the country to gather information on network related faults.
- Escalate complex problems to appropriate quarters where necessary.
- Coordinate resolution of network fault reports from the Advanced Help Desk (AHD)
- Interpret technical faults for Switching Systems, Base Station Systems, Transmission and Value Added Systems.
- Attempt first line resolution of all faults related to the HLR.
- Escalate other faults to appropriate quarters and follow up to ensure timely and proper resolution.
- Anticipate and manage change control process.
- Understand and correlate network activity to user impact on planned events.
- Anticipate network related complaints from subscribers; inform all required parties of expected problems and develop plan for speedy rectification.
- Manage MTN product lifecycle from an NMC perspective, ensuring proper awareness, functional description, training, acceptance and operation of new products.
- Prepare and produce periodic reports to NWG Management on network failures, network faults incidences and resolution.
- Compile and distribute reports/information on a daily/weekly/monthly basis to NWG Management and other departments in MTN Nigeria.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- On standby throughout the year
Experience & Training
- Computer science or any related engineering discipline
- Fluent in English
- Experience and comprehension of Telecommunications management network philosophy and practice.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience working with others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Experience in ICT environment, preferably in a telecommunications company.
- Experience working with UNIX, Solaris and Oracle
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to MTN Nigeria career website on careers.mtnonline.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about MTN NigeriaSimilar Jobs
- Latest Vacancies at e.Stream Networks Limited
- Support Engineer at Cobranet Limited
- Finance Manager at Alfred & Victoria Associates
- Sharepoint Developer at SiNet Technologies
- Technical Tendering Manager - High Voltage at GE Nigeria
- Graphics Designer at Datalex Nigeria Limited
- Senior Sales Executive at a Technology Company
- Business Executives at Sulfman Consulting Limited