Career Opportunity at The Nigerian Bottling Company
Posted on: 3 October, 2016
Deadline: 12 October, 2016
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at Nigerian Bottling Company
The Nigerian Bottling Company Ltd is one of the biggest companies in the non-alcoholic beverage industry in the country and is the sole franchise bottler of The Coca-Cola Company in Nigeria.
Our company serves approximately 160 million people by producing and distributing a unique portfolio of quality brands, bringing passion to marketplace implementation, and demonstrating leadership in corporate social responsibility.
Job Reference CM/10/2016
Job role Commercial Manager
Functional areas Commercial (Sales)
The Commercial Manager reports to the Region Sales Director.The desired candidate will lead the commercial team in assigned territory in developing and managing sales strategies in order to achieve their business targets and establishing the business as a leader in the Market.
Key responsibilities of the role include;
- Provision of necessary tools and conducive environment for direct reports for effective and efficient job performance.
- Supervises the preparation and management of budgets of assigned territories to ensure that all resources are used in the most effective and efficient manner possible.
- Develops and implements comprehensive plans to ensure market share and category growth.
- Ensures market execution according to the Company standards in assigned Commercial Territory.
- Implements agreed Commercial strategy.
- Ensures that country plans are built to achieve set performance targets in assigned Commercial Territory.
- Complies with Data Protection policy, and Audit requirements.
- Contributes to long-terms plans for the country as well as for the assigned Commercial Territory's development.
- Ensures BP commitments onvenue, cost (OPEX) and headcount are delivered to support long term sustainability.
- Supervises management of customers' credit accounts per the company's procedures.
- Ensures company's assets are effectively planned, allocated and used.
- Ensures Establishment and implementation of correct sales & delivery system to meet customer service expectations and cost performance.
- Manages performances & development of reports (Area Sales Managers and Distributor Development managers).
- Identifies talents and ensuresies talents and ensures their development through plans in place as well as being implemented.
- Transfers knowledge and expertise to others within the organization.
- Ensures succession planning is in place for all levels in commercial team in assigned Commercial Territory.
- Sets personal example for development through continuous learning and openness to feedback.
- Functional strategy communicated, understood and accepted by reports.
- Lives corporate values and Code of Business Conduct.
- Addresses poor performance quickly and reward exceptional performance.
- Establishes a working environment with clear roles and accountability for all.
- Builds strong working relationships with other functions to ensure deployment of win-win solutions.
- Provides a high level of customer relations and service.
- Continually improves processes and exploits growth opportunities that will bring better results and lower cost.
- Learns and implements best practices from other CC Hellenic countries and shares own best practices within CC Hellenic.
- Develops and ensures implementation of Promotional programs *Desired candidate should be willing to work in any of NBC’s commercial territories across the country.
- Only candidates who meet the advertised criteria will be shortlisted an contacted
- Education level University Degree ideally business related (ie Sales, Marketing, etc) .
- MBA qualification would be an added advantage
Experience needed 8
Desired candidate profile
- University Degree ideally business related (i.e Sales, Marketing, etc); good command of English will be considered as additional asset
- Minimum 6 years of proven operational track record in Sales/ Commercial
- Minimum 4 years of managerial experience, preferably in a large manufacturing companies
- Personal Attributes:
- Customer-Centric oriented; Listens actively and challenges processes and structures; Open to ideas and improvements submitted by customers and others.
- Ability to manage through several layers
- Ability to read and interpret market data and competitive response
- Ability to make and communicate hard decisions and courage to stay the course
- Deep business understanding.
- Ability to think in terms of functional sustainability rather than short term wins
- Business planning
- Ability to think in terms of profitability and sustainability rather than functional capability
- Contingency planning
- Ability to think tactically and strategically
- Ability to set standards for management/ business performance
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective Presentations Skills
- Emotional maturity, integrityAbility to lead and manage change
- Good project management skills Knowledge:
- Sound Sales/ Commercial related operational knowledge, complete value-chain/ system knowledge including TCCC
- MS Word/ Excel/ Power Point user
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Nigerian Bottling Company career website on www.nbcltdcareers.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Nigerian Bottling CompanySimilar Jobs
- Jobs at Tetra Pak
- Latest Jobs at JMG Limited
- SABMiller Recruiting for Local Category Manager
- Job Vacancies at Platinum Careers
- Job Openings at a Manufacturing Company - Inter-Arc Consultants Ltd
- General Accountant at GZ Industries
- Territory Sales Manager (TSM) at Perfetti Van Melle Nigeria Limited
- Elevator Technician at JMG Limited