Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by a leading logistics service provider to recruit an expatriate CFO for its operations in Nigeria. The position is based in Lagos, Nigeria
The CFO is responsible for the formulation of financial strategies and the coordination of plans, budgets and initiatives so that Group business objectives are met, and to lead the development of Corporate Governance policies and compliance.
He will also be responsible for efficient management of the accounting, reporting, treasury, insurance, taxation, information technology and systems and internal control functions for the Company.
He will report to the Managing Director
Responsible for formulation of strategy and policies that direct the affairs of the company
Finance and Accounting:
- Provide and/or oversee the global administration of the company‘s financial activities.
- Responsible for budget and plans realization, update and follow ups
- Ensure the accuracy, completeness, integrity and reliability of all financial information and meeting the deadlines.
- Track profit and cash flow performance
- Create Best Practice network
- Select, recruit, train and retain skilled and competent staff with focus on strong succession planning.
- Implementing & managing all financial reporting tools
Treasury, IT and Risk policies:
- Responsible for Bank accounts and Cash management, Tax & Capex procedures.
- Ensure appropriate financial risk, accounting and auditing policies and procedures of the Company.
- Handling overall Taxation matters, Statutory Audits, Internal Audit, Company Law & other
- Oversee the treasury function to ensure cash flow for the business is secured. Act to minimize the financial risk profile of the Company by ensuring that interest and foreign currency risks are well managed and in line with the Group standards.
- Develop Optimized Capital Structures (Debt/Equity Ratios) for the various businesses and develop plans to achieve
- Must hold recognised Accountancy Qualification from one of the major internationally recognized professional institutions
- Must have a minimum 15 years post qualification experience in senior financial management role, of which at least the last 10 years must be in a similar role.
- Technically very strong with credentials in Investment and Treasury Management. Financial/Operational Risk Assessment and Management
- Leader of Best Practices in Financial Management
- Leader of Best Practices in Strategic Thinking and Performance Management
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills when interfacing with other members of Senior Management; Government Officials and Financial/Lending Institutions
- Professional Experience in West Africa will be a plus
Attractive expatriate package
The Managing Director will manage all the activities of the company. The position is based in Lagos.
General Management and finance
Manage the teams of local and expatriate staff
Review and analyze expenditure, financial, and operations reports to determine need for increase in fares or tariffs, lead the expansion of existing schedules, or expansion of routes
Analyze logistics data reports to identify & actualize cost savings and opportunities for all segments
Provides adequate reporting on regular basis to the group
- Guide the sales team in driving successful businesses for Import and Export of shipment
- Continually develop new business by identifying and meeting target clients, networking, and selling all service lines.
- Sell projects to new and existing clients, clarifying the scope of projects with clients, identifying business solutions and negotiating billing arrangements.
- Identify future project needs of clients and ensuring clients’ expectations are met.
- Coordinate general feedback to customers and sales team on the status of the shipments
- Ensure approved business contracts are executed by taking responsibility for the completion of all Operations
- Supervise operations department
- Supervise the documentation department and coordinate custom clearance procedures to ensure prompt delivery and ensure that client trade compliance policy is followed strictly
- Interacting with suppliers and clients
- Interacts with Customs
- Implement and maintain a high security standard.
- A minimum of 10 Years experience in the shipping/logistics industry
- Ability to identify key issues and establish priorities
- Multi-Tasking Management
- Analytical, conceptual, strategic and planning abilities
- Strong target orientation
- Leadership, delegation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Dynamic, entrepreneurial and creative
Very attractive expatriate package
The Commercial Manager will oversee company needs, handle daily business issues, manage company associations, and recognize business opportunities. The Commercial Manager will report to the Managing Director. The position is based in Lagos, Nigeria
The ideal candidate will be responsible for Identifying short - long term business opportunities & develop close collaborative relationships with key players, and fully understand their objectives.
He/ She will be in charge of the formation & submission of reports, tenders and business proposals, interpret statistics, advice the General Manager on economical, political, commercial & other related developments in the area of the company’s interest; inclusive of developing /marketing the break bulk and containerized export services to all sectors and for all kind of commodities. A complementary focus on Oil & Gas sector is given. The Commercial Manager will oversee the activities of the direct sales (Lagos, Port Harcourt) team to ensure appropriate and targeted sales activities, in line with the Marketing Plan.
- Set up a sales and marketing strategy with the General Manager to address the market efficiently
- Deliver presentations and negotiate contracts
- Manage commercial agency agreement / negotiations, resolution of contractual disputes, sales/ purchase activities
- Identify all potential prospects within the activity portfolio of the company
- Meet with existing and prospect customers to develop effective working relationships and identify and obtain further their future programs.
- Provide feedback to appropriate Senior/group management on the status of customers business, changes in their requirements and organization so as to ensure that existing and future contracts and bids can be delivered in the most efficient and effective way.
- Provide detailed updates and forecasts on changes in client and competitor status and activity to ensure that business opportunities are fully exploited.
- Set up offers to client
- Follows up and organize the answers in any bid processes organized by clients
- Follows up the operational excellence of the process with operation team
- Minimum of 10 years experience in a similar or related position
- Must have hands on experience in sales & marketing in the logistics sector
- Extensive knowledge of the container/logistics industry and an ability to relate with shipping companies, other associated industry managers/customers
- Ability to advise company on Service strategy, Service transition, Service delivery and Service improvement
- Minimum of a B.Sc or HND degree from a recognized University or Polytechnic, an MBA will be of great advantage.
- Practical experience in forecasting
- Strong analytical skills with ability to develop strategies and tactics as well as implementation skills
- Very good in the use of Excel and presentation tools, ERP knowledge will be an added advantage.
- Attention to detail and good selling skills.
- Effective Customer Service skills
- Effective Management & Organisational skills
Attractive expatriate package
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.