Catering Job at Lilygate Hotel
Posted on: 27 September, 2016
Deadline: 7 October, 2016
View Jobs in Hospitality
View All Jobs at Lilygate Hotels
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Lilygate Hotel located in the heart of Lekki Phase 1 is a new luxurious four star hotel with 74 rooms including 6 suites and a full range of facilities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
- The job of Senior Sous Chef involves significant responsibility, as the Sous Chef must be able to lead other kitchen workers, remain organized and professional, and report vital information to the Executive Chef.
- If there are times when the Executive Chef is unable to work, the Senior Sous Chef assumes all responsibilities normally assigned to the Executive Chef.
- Working as a Senior Sous Chef is often a step toward becoming an Executive Chef, and serves as on-the-job training for those wishing to continue their careers.
- A Senior Sous Chef must be familiar with all of the daily operations of the kitchen, and must be able to perform any task in the kitchen if needed.
- A Senior Sous Chef often acts as the intermediary between the kitchen and wait staff, so strong leadership and communication abilities are a must.
The following is a list of the duties typically performed by a Sous Chef:
- Planning and directing food preparation; As the second in command, the Senior Sous Chef is most often responsible for managing kitchen staff to ensure food is prepared properly. The Senior Sous Chef must be a problem solver, ready to come up with on the spot solutions for problems that may occur in the kitchen.
- Managing Kitchen Staff; The Senior Sous Chef will often have the task of ensuring that all kitchen workers are performing at the level required by a professional kitchen. He or she may be asked to discipline workers who are not performing their job correctly or professionally, and may come up with incentives to ensure that workers are putting their best effort forth.
- Training and scheduling. The Sous Chef is often in charge of training new employees and creating the schedule to ensure adequate manning for the kitchen.
- Expediting;The Senior Sous Chef will serve as the expeditor for the kitchen. He or she will be responsible for arranging tickets and ordering food preparation so that customers receive food in the order it should be sent out. For example. The Sous Chef will tell the other chefs when to cook different menu items for a table of customers so that they will all be hot and ready to be served at the same time.
- Quality Control; The Sous Chef is responsible for ensuring that food that leaves the kitchen is of the highest quality and will make diners happy. The Sous Chef will often be asked to ensure that portions are correct and the food is plated in an attractive manner.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their applications and CV's to: email@example.com
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Lilygate HotelsSimilar Jobs
- Latest Vacancies at Bluelodge Hotel
- Fresh Jobs at Genesis Group
- Outlet Checker at Hilton Worldwide
- Head Chef at Westown Hotels
- Female Night Cashiers at Triple Seven Cafe
- Marketers at Bolton White Hotels & Apartments
- Marketer/Events Manager at Adeiza Gaming Ltd
- Internal Auditor at Bolton White Hotels & Apartments