Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 150 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With a 135-year history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and putting them in the right jobs so that they can do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
- Contribute to maintaining positive corporate cash flow through ensuring customer adherence to payment terms and collecting amounts due on time.
- Allocation of payments and reconciliations of all accounts to be effected before month end to facilitate follow up of unpaid amounts and claim resolution.
- To manage claims received for delivery and pricing discrepancies and rebate / promotional invoices, taking corrective action as necessary and ensuring that valid claims are promptly credited and/or reimbursed by the customer. Claims to be handled on 80/20 principle (i.e. handling large values first).
- Copy claims not on hand to be obtained on a monthly basis.
- Regularly reviewing customer performance and suggest credit limits adjustments as necessary.
- Adhere to authorisation limits of all entries processed through the accounts department as laid down in the corporate financial policies or instructions.
- Manage incoming orders held for credit at regular intervals during the day to ensure minimum disruption to order flow and manage risk to KCSA. Ensure that all customers do not exceed their credit limits and that incoming orders for customers exceeding credit limits are checked and referred to line Manager for approval.
- Certain customer statements to be compiled manually on excel on a monthly basis to ensure compliance to customer’s specifications with regards to claims reference, statement format etc. Statements to be received by the customer on or before the fifth (5th) of each month. Copy invoices to be provided as required either with the statement or on a weekly basis.
- Arrange regular customer visits to address account issues and to assist in claims resolution.
- Ensure integrity of customer master data by responding to customer requests and initiating changes with Master Data Team.
- Amendments to member accounts viz blocked members, new sold-to accounts must be actioned as soon as they are received.
- From time to time tasks that do not make part of this job description may be allocated to the employee based on the discretion of management.
Required Qualifications / Experience
- Matric with Accounting / Bookkeeping. At least 3-5 year’s Credit Control coupled with Claims experience. Experience within the FMCG industry is a non-negotiable requirement.
- Thoroughness, accuracy, attention to detail and be able to work under pressure. Proficiency in MS Office is a must.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Kimberly-Clark career website on kimberlyclark.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com to apply