About Evidence Action
Evidence Action scales proven development solutions to benefit millions of people around the world. We fill the gap between knowing 'what works' and having impact at scale. We implement cost-effective interventions whose efficacy is backed by substantial rigorous evidence. We identify innovative, appropriate financing mechanisms and build best-practice operational models. We voraciously self-evaluate, learn, and improve our models for scaling with a commitment to transparency on progress, impact, and value for money. Our two flagship programs reached over 100 million people this year. One of them, the Deworm the World Initiative, was again selected by GiveWell as one of only four Top Charities on the planet.
About Deworm the World Initiative
The Deworm the World Initiative enables governments to eliminate the public health threat of intestinal worms through school-based mass deworming programs. We advocate for school-based deworming to policymakers and provide technical assistance to launch, strengthen and sustain programs targeting all at-risk school-age (and sometimes preschool-age) children. The program is delivered through a multi-tier training and distribution cascade, whereby all levels of government, from national to local, are engaged to ensure treatment of school-age and preschool-age children in all at-risk areas.
- To perform general procurement, logistics and cash disbursement duties for Evidence Action in Nigeria
- The position holder will also be the point person in managing government disbursements and returns for the Deworming program in Nigeria.
Duties and responsibilities
- Engage and monitor programme transport vendors to deliver training materials, tablet poles, programme trainers, and other related programme deliverables to the right programme sites
- Co-ordinate the purchase of programme promotional materials e.g. banners, fliers, T-shirts, bags etc.
- Maintain healthy relationships with vendors and service providers such as transport companies, hotels, training venues and other vendors relevant to Programme Implementation
- Develop customized programme budgets to be used for implementation of cascade activities
- Send out relevant budgets for specific activities ahead of receipt of funds and execution of activities to the counties and sub counties
- Ensure states and LGAs report back expenditure of the funds in conformity with Evidence Action Financial policy and guidelines
- Coordinate all the government disbursements and returns for the deworming program in Nigeria.
- Maintain filing records of all financial transactions within the organization in an orderly manner.
- Prepare disbursement request forms for all government payments and attaching all required supporting documents.
- Disburse cash payments as per the financial policies of Evidence Action.
- Keeping track of staff expense accounts including reconciling the same and sending their statements by 15th of the subsequent month.
- Support project staff and government representatives in processing their returns while attaching all required supporting documents.
- Ensuring all staff and government advance accounts are zeroed out.
- Ensuring completeness, accuracy and timeliness in the processing financial information.
Key performance Indicators
- Tracking of all Government and staff advances
- Keeping records of all staff and government returns
- Ensuring all logistical support for the program
- Ensuring all procurements are in line with Evidence Action procurement policies and guidelines.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, logistics or a closely related field from a recognized university.
- Experience in managing community based programs.
- At least 3 years of experience performing responsibilities required for the position and demonstrating progress in the role.
- Audit experience and managing of grants is desirable
- Strong team leader and player
- Excellent communication, high computer literacy levels and interpersonal skills
The successful candidate will be expected to work from Abuja with regular travel to various states.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Evidence Action career website on evidenceaction.bamboohr.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale