If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
McTimothy Associates Is Recruiting to fill the position of Professional Baker.
Baking highest quality goods including a variety of muffins, desserts, scones, cakes and breads throughout the day, and for maintaining high levels of food hygiene and cleanliness
Bakery Manager/ Head of Operations
delivering high-quality products that are attractive, appetizing and nutritious
- Ensuring that the daily bakery range is made to a high standard in a timely, safe and consistent manner.
- Baking, shaping and finishing high quality breads.
- Preparing the necessary ingredients to bake rolls, biscuits, breads, cakes, cookies and other products.
- Cleaning bakery machinery, equipment, storage and preparation areas.
- Making sure that baked products look attractive to the eye
- Accurately following recipe formulas and weighing ingredients.
- Assisting with Health and Safety procedures.
- Ensuing that baking equipment is fully functional and stored correctly.
- Cleaning areas after use.
- Rolling and cutting dough into shapes.
- Measuring and mixing ingredients into dough according to a recipe.
- Wrapping and packing bread after it has been made.
- Monitoring the ovens.
- Able to work according to tight production schedules.
- Baking, icing and decorating cakes.
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date bakery administrative records.
- Using weights and measures to weight the correct amount of ingredients for recipes.
- Adhering to the company's code of ethics.
- Following all reasonable instructions given by the Bakery Manager
Key Skills & Competence:
- Fully aware of company standards concerning food production, food presentation and food handling.
- Punctual, never late and always on time.
- Physically fit and able to remain standing for long periods of time.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Demonstrating professionalism and a commitment to teamwork in everything that she does.
- Experience of producing baked goods by hand as well as by machinery.
- Sound knowledge of artisan bread, different dough’s, pastries, danishes, croissants and other vienoisserie items.
- Able to bake different products in different equipment.
- Developing and testing new baking recipes.
- Experience of using kitchen equipment such as a rolling pins, industrial mixing machines and industrial ovens.
- Can remain focused for long periods when carrying out repetitive tasks.
- Committed to dealing with problems before they arise.
Areas of Expertise
- Excellent Baking Techniques
- Recipe creation
- Good Quality control
- Good Production control
- Good Customer Relations
- Good Maintenance culture.
- Must be from Ivory Coast, Togo or Gabon Only. We will check passports/identification documents.
- Diploma/Degree in Professional Bakery.
- 3years’ cognate experience in bakery
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong passion for food
- A team-oriented, patient, reliable, and hospitable Baker
- A hardworking, punctual and safety conscious baker
- Have high levels of personal hygiene.
- Attention to detail
- Positive and upbeat about everything that she does.
- Developing plans of action to get things done.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Accommodation provided
- Payment of agency fee after staff stays two months.
- 2 weeks’ annual leave.
- Attractive salary package.
Method of Application
Use the job title as the subject of the mail. Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should send their CV/application letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 7th October, 2016.