McTimothy Associates Is Recruiting to fill the position of Professional Baker.
Baking highest quality goods including a variety of muffins, desserts, scones, cakes and breads throughout the day, and for maintaining high levels of food hygiene and cleanliness
Bakery Manager/ Head of Operations
delivering high-quality products that are attractive, appetizing and nutritious
- Ensuring that the daily bakery range is made to a high standard in a timely, safe and consistent manner.
- Baking, shaping and finishing high quality breads.
- Preparing the necessary ingredients to bake rolls, biscuits, breads, cakes, cookies and other products.
- Cleaning bakery machinery, equipment, storage and preparation areas.
- Making sure that baked products look attractive to the eye
- Accurately following recipe formulas and weighing ingredients.
- Assisting with Health and Safety procedures.
- Ensuing that baking equipment is fully functional and stored correctly.
- Cleaning areas after use.
- Rolling and cutting dough into shapes.
- Measuring and mixing ingredients into dough according to a recipe.
- Wrapping and packing bread after it has been made.
- Monitoring the ovens.
- Able to work according to tight production schedules.
- Baking, icing and decorating cakes.
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date bakery administrative records.
- Using weights and measures to weight the correct amount of ingredients for recipes.
- Adhering to the company's code of ethics.
- Following all reasonable instructions given by the Bakery Manager
Key Skills & Competence:
- Fully aware of company standards concerning food production, food presentation and food handling.
- Punctual, never late and always on time.
- Physically fit and able to remain standing for long periods of time.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Demonstrating professionalism and a commitment to teamwork in everything that she does.
- Experience of producing baked goods by hand as well as by machinery.
- Sound knowledge of artisan bread, different dough’s, pastries, danishes, croissants and other vienoisserie items.
- Able to bake different products in different equipment.
- Developing and testing new baking recipes.
- Experience of using kitchen equipment such as a rolling pins, industrial mixing machines and industrial ovens.
- Can remain focused for long periods when carrying out repetitive tasks.
- Committed to dealing with problems before they arise.
Areas of Expertise
- Excellent Baking Techniques
- Recipe creation
- Good Quality control
- Good Production control
- Good Customer Relations
- Good Maintenance culture.
- Must be from Ivory Coast, Togo or Gabon Only. We will check passports/identification documents.
- Diploma/Degree in Professional Bakery.
- 3years’ cognate experience in bakery
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong passion for food
- A team-oriented, patient, reliable, and hospitable Baker
- A hardworking, punctual and safety conscious baker
- Have high levels of personal hygiene.
- Attention to detail
- Positive and upbeat about everything that she does.
- Developing plans of action to get things done.
- Ability to work under pressure
- Accommodation provided
- Payment of agency fee after staff stays two months.
- 2 weeks’ annual leave.
- Attractive salary package.
Method of Application
Use the job title as the subject of the mail. Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should send their CV/application letters to: email@example.com not later than 7th October, 2016.