Stresert Services Limited - Our client is a leading insurance company with head office in Lagos
QUALIFIED APPLICANTS SHOULD PLEASE SEND THEIR CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org using ‘BUS-MGR (Lagos)', 'BUS-MGR (Abuja)' or 'BUS-MGR (PH)’ as subject of your mail depending on location/region. Wrong applications will not be attended to.
VACANCY FOR AN INSURANCE BUSINESS MANAGER (Lagos, Abuja, Port-Harcourt offices)
The company is looking to hire Operation Managers for its offices in Lagos, Abuja and Port-Harcourt..
Specifically, the candidate will:
- Develop and implement efficient operational processes for managing a strongly diversified life insurance book of business;
- Play a key role in the implementation of IT systems to support the business;
- Provide leadership for effective implementation and measurement of operating policies and procedures;
- Play a major role in the development of new products and services;
- Develop product documentation of the highest quality and distinction;
- General management, HR and supervisory skills;
- Strategy formulation and implementation
- Actively monitor performance against budget and expected key indicators and promptly address deviations from these targets;
- Coordinate the preparation of operational reports;
- Establish and implement short- and long-range operational goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES:
- A bachelor's degree, preferably in Insurance, Actuarial Science or Mathematics & Statistics from a reputable institution;
- A master's degree In Insurance, Actuarial Science or Mathematics & Statistics will be an added advantage;
- Relevant professional qualification(s) i.e. ACII, ACIIN, etc.
- Minimum of five (5) years' related life insurance experience with at least three years life insurance experience in a senior management position for a reputable insurance company;
- Thorough knowledge of the insurance regulatory environment; The Insurance Act and Regulations and the NAICOM guidelines;
- Strong understanding of insurance and reinsurance, management and practice;
- Must be computer literate;
- Demonstrated leadership and managerial ability
Very attractive with other work benefits
go to method of application »
- Coordinating, analyzing and reporting on investments;
- Budget preparation and monitoring;
- Modern financial reporting;
- Management of investment portfolios;
- Regular appraisal of investments for profitable diversification;
- Overseeing the financial accounting functions;
- Other functions that may be delegated by the line manager.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Very good HND or B.Sc with ACA, ACCA or ACMA. Possession of ACII, CFA, ACIB, MBA or MBF will be a competitive advantage;
- Skilful use of computer (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) is highly required;
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant working experience in a reputable financial institution, preferably insurance industry.
Remuneration is competitive, based on experience.
How to Apply
Interested and Qualified Candidates should send detailed CV to ‘email@example.com’ before 7th October, 2016
Method of Application
Use the email(s) below to apply.
- Business Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Accountant - email@example.com
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.