Everyone knows Coca-Cola. It's the best-known product in the world. We've been making it since 1886 and it still tastes the same.
As a business, The Coca-Cola Company is constantly evolving – we develop new products, acquire great brands and pioneer new ways of doing things. We sell four of the world's top five non-alcoholic sparkling drinks (Coke, Coke light, Sprite and Fanta) and 3,600+ products in over 200 countries, including water, juices, energy drinks, and even tea and coffee. Altogether, that adds up to more than 1.9 billion drinks around the globe every day.
In Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), we are located in 60 countries and organized as six business units: Central and Eastern Europe (CEE); Western Europe (WEBU); Turkey, Caucasus and Central Asia (TCCA); Middle East and North Africa (MENA); West Africa (WABU); and South and East Africa (SEABU). These six strong business units allow us to operate at scale while ensuring flawless delivery through local market operations working closely with our bottling partners who manufacture, package and distribute our soft drinks.
TRAVEL REQUIRED: 25%
RELOCATION PROVIDED: No
JOB ID: 37594
As Human Resources Coordinator for West Africa (HRC WABU) you will be responsible for managing all local HR related processes which are not already provided out of our Global Business Services (GBS) HR Hub in Warsaw, Poland. You will support on the local level the regional GBS HR organization in areas like employee records management, learning, training and mobility administration support, and therefore interfacing with internal and external GBS HR key stakeholders delivering excellent and seamless HR service delivery.
In this position you will report to the EMEA HR Services Supervisor based in Warsaw, Poland.
- Responsible for maintaining and reviewing employee and HR personnel files and archives, in line with local laws and requirements, either personally (in Egypt), or remotely (in North East Africa).
- Coordinate wet signatures obtaining for contracts and forms for in-scope countries against chart of authority as advised by GBS and vendors, copying documentation and filing.
- End-to-end coordination and handling of non-employee resources through service providers (hires, renewals, terminations, addressing contingent workers issues) and activities connected with this, in line with internal policies and procedures.
- End-to-end coordination of Interns (approvals, identification, on-boarding, compensation and benefits, off-boarding).
- Provide local language support in terms of translation, local language letters and documents preparation.
- Purchase Orders (PO) and Procurement end to end ownership of HR related activities (including but not limited to: Benefits Providers, Trainings, non-employee resources etc.).
- Support HR analytics and reporting requests, and coordinate with GBS HR Analytics team as required for more complex analytics requests.
- Complete HR related ad hoc tasks as necessary under personnel administration.
- Support with keeping HR data updated and accurate in line with on the ground changes; coordinate with Line Managers and GBS HR Helpdesk (KO HR Help) on updating HR data.
- Support Mobility Administration by providing forms in local language to assignees and support local work permits process.
- Responsible for document preparation and formatting of specific reporting requirements in local language for Works Council and Employee Forums, for preparing meeting minutes, and for obtaining monthly reports required for Works Council meetings from Reporting team.
- Support with local HR projects and ad hoc initiatives as needed.
- Support GBS HR Operations in the local implementation of HR services and operations as needed (including but not limited to: Learning & Development support linked to local trainings and HR events, local HR communications etc.).
- Support Local initiatives such as MyHealth, MyLife, Work-life balance initiatives, Employer of Choice support (prepare and coordinate all necessary materials and information for certifications, participation in ranking), etc.
What you can expect
- Unique development opportunity in the field of HR in one of the most recognizable global brands.
- A unique chance to be a part of a truly international HR team.
- Participation in projects with strategic importance for our Global Business Services organization.
- A chance to perform tasks independently, lead small HR related projects and present your own ideas.
- Employment contract for an indefinite period with an attractive compensation and benefits package.
What you need to be successful
As HR Coordinator in Lagos you will work with many different stakeholders (internal and external) on a daily basis. Thus, you will need to be culturally aware, comfortable in a virtual working environment, as well as display excellent communication skills, a customer service and problem solving mindset and a persistent follow-up approach on pending topics.
In addition, as most key tasks are highly sensitive, you should bring along a good sense of confidentiality. Many of the daily responsibilities are connected to legal requirements, thus you should be savvy in local labor law as relevant for your role to be successful.
As this position requires coordinating various topics, often at the same time, you need to be able to organize your task independently, manage your time well and prioritize according to business needs. Strong analytical skills will help you to identify business needs and relevancy. If on top of that you have a background in Human Resources and bring 2-3 years of experience, ideally gained in an international environment and/or matrix organization, you´re just the one we´re looking for.
Qualifications at a glance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources/Social Science or Business Administration/Finance. Alternatively related field of studies or equivalent related work experience. Diploma in the field of Human Resources.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience
- Files Management
- Using specialized databases as SAP, Intranet, SharePoint
- Excellent Organization and planning
- Excellent Communicator
- Ability and initiative to work and perform
- Customer Focus
- Business Etiquette
- Curiosity and continuous learning mindset
- Drive Innovation
- Collaborate with System, Customers and Key Stakeholders
- Act Like an Owner
- Inspire Others
- Develop Self and Others
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Coca-Cola career website on careers.peopleclick.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale