Engineering Opportunity at MainOne
Posted on: 23 September, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Main One Cable
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
MainOne's success is built on having talented and highly proficient people within their respective fields as the driving force behind our business
A job in MainOne is different from any other you have had. With joining MainOne you'll be challenged, inspired and proud as you become a part of something big.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Unit: Capital Projects
Reporting Line: Project Management Supervisor
- The Project Engineer will be responsible for Technical Project supervision and supports as may be assigned from time to time.
- Reporting to the Project Management Supervisor, he is required to have a strong CAD design skills in order to create and draft all required 2D/3D project designs and drawings as may be needed by the Capital Projects and Data Centre teams.
- Will be responsible for site supervision and work progress reports including performing quality checks and controls.
Responsibilities will also include:
- Concept design and development of projects & infrastructure for the Capital Project Team or as may be required within the organization.
- Supervision of Mechanical, Electrical and Civil Works Monitoring & reporting daily Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) work activities on site.
- Keep track of installations & ensure alignment with approved scope and design drawings
- Ensure quality of work, construction, terminations, piping, installation etc. with great attention to detail
- Ensure quality of materials for conformance with approved specifications and regulations and supervising test of materials when required.
- Ensure that all assigned work carried out complies with company design, safety, quality, environmental compliance and procedural standards
- Supervising assigned projects and conducting ATP (Acceptance Test Procedures) on equipment and projects.
- Responsible for safe keeping and easy retrieval of printed project documents.
- Any additional project supervision and tasks as assigned by the Head, Capital Projects.
- To work directly with the Project Management Supervisor.
- Other Project Engineers and PMs, Facilities Engineers, CLS and MDXi Engineers
- B.Sc. /B.Tech degree or HND preferably in Mechanical or Building Services Engineering.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, MS-Visio and any of the other 2d/3D design software is mandatory.
- Proficiency with REVIT, Photoshop and In-design CAD software, Sketch up, Word and Excel software and other design packages, programs and software.
- Minimum of 4-6 years in Mechanical or Building Services /Facilities engineering with a track record of site supervision experience.
- Project Experience including supervision of (Mechanical & Electrical) M&E works.
- Ability to design, develop and engineer high quality models using 2D and 3D CAD software and tools.
- Technical knowledge with an engineering background.
- Analytical Thinking and Problem Solving skills.
- Great attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Strong team work, communication and presentation skills.
Demands on the job:
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and willingness to visit project sites and supervise works as may when required.
Method of Application
Note: When the page opens, click on "Project Engineer"
Interested and qualified? Go to Main One Cable career website on career.mainone.net to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Main One CableSimilar Jobs
- Officer - IT Quality Assurance at IHS Towers
- Head, Internal Audit at Venture Garden Nigeria (VGN)
- Manager, Specialist Sales at MasterCard Nigeria
- Trainee Sales Customer Service - Power Tools at Bosch Africa
- Jobs at ERS Nigeria Limited
- Integrated Marketing Manager at myPadi.ng
- Latest Vacancies at AK Infotech Solutions Limited
- Senior Server Administrator at Venture Garden Group