Latest Job Opening at Save the Children
Posted on: 21 September, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Save The Children
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children, and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Join our dedicated and diverse staff in their work to improve the well-being of children everywhere.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Location: Borno, Nigeria
- The Field Manager will be responsible for the efficient and effective operation of support services - Logistics, Security, Finance and Human Resources/administration.
- S/he will support the AOM in ensuring timely delivery of quality projects, currently across all sectors: Child Protection, Health, including WASH and Education; as well as maintains effective relationships with all other key players in the area (NGO, UN, and governmental) to ensure effective coordination of activities and ability to implement.
- In coordination with other senior staff S/he will support the AOM in ensuring the safety of staff and security of staff and operations in the field site.
- S/he is responsible for, human resources management and management of SC facilities and assets in the locality.
Qualifications and Experience
- Significant management experience working in an emergency response contexts or fragile states
- Education to MSc/MA/MEng level in a relevant subject or equivalent field experience
- Previous experience of managing a team
- Previous experience of project management, including multi sector programmes
- Budget management experience including institutional donors
- Security management experience in insecure environments
- Field level representation with key stakeholders and co-ordination with other NGOs/UN
- Demonstrable experience of M&E and beneficiary accountability
- Ability to write clear and well-argued assessment and project reports
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong influencing skills and experience in advocacy
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- A high level of written and spoken English
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Commitment to the aims and principles of SC. In particular, a good understanding of the SCmandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support.
- ECHO and/or DFID programme management experience
- National level representation with key stakeholders and co-ordination with other NGOs/UN
- Fluent in Hausa
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Save The Children career website on www.aplitrak.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Save The ChildrenSimilar Jobs
- Latest Job Opportunity at The International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Mobilization Officers at Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria
- Job Vacancies at Secours Islamique France (SIF)
- Chief Service Provider at Common Heritage Foundation
- Geographic Information System Manager at Solidarites International
- Job Opportunities at Save the Children
- Fresh Job Vacancies at Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI)
- Job Vacancy at Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture (CNFA)