Stresert Services Limited - Our client operates as a subsidiary of a Group of companies from the United Kingdom. They provide services such as Security risk management; Armed escort teams; Fleet & Journey management; Alarms; CCTV; and C-track installations, repair, servicing etc.
Job Location: Lagos, Port Harcourt & Abuja
The Regional Operations Manager will administer, oversee and mentor his/her regional operations personnel e.g. Operations Officer, JM Coordinators, JM OPS Administrators, Fleet Supervisor, Commanders and Drivers, and is responsible for the operational fleet and office/base/compound/premises. He/she will be in command of operations within the given region which include Journey Management of the organization’s clientele and personnel. It is the Regional Operations Manager’s task to ensure the organizations SOP.
Procedures are kept up to date and followed by operations personnel. He oversees JM Coordinators and delegate when necessary accordingly to requirements. The most important task of the Regional Operations Manager is overseeing and managing all Journey Management within his/her region or as otherwise directed by the General Manager. He/she will monitor all email requests by clients and ensure the JM Coordinators, JM OPS Administrators and operations personnel such as Commanders and Drivers execute the requests as required.
Other duties include (but is not limited to) overseeing and managing the regional budget, admin and administrators, approve or disapprove requests for purchasing, managing vendors, inspecting vehicles (fleet), maintenance of office/compound/base/premises, reporting to the General Manager and win new business with existing relationships or newly formed. The Regional Operations Manager must ensure that all Journey Management vehicles are operational and that any/all incidents and accidents are reported immediately.
- Manage all Journey Management tasks
- Manage and oversee all Operational Staff (this includes conflict handling)
- Manage and administer the Operations Fleet
- Manage the Regional Operations Budget (all fascists)
- Respond to client requests and complaints
- Emergency & Crisis Management (ECM)
- Compile Contingency plans for day to day operations as well as VIP tasks
- Gather region and nationwide security information which will assist Operations personnel in their everyday duties
- Update SOPs and ensure Operation Staff are familiar with their duties
- Liaise with local Law Enforcement agencies (where applicable)
- Manage out of state movements and clients
- Hold weekly Operational meetings with key personnel
- Assist Human Resources when a disciplinary hearing is to be arranged and carried out
- Manage requests and supply of vehicle parts
- Manage and oversee all logistics related to Operations
- Compile Site Surveys, Risk Assessments, Risk Matrix and Security Reports as required
- Train all operations personnel (Coordinators, Administrators, Drivers and Commanders) regularly especially when there are new policies or changes in the everyday work-flow
- Support C-Track incidents and panic alarms by providing Armed Escort Response Teams
- Support Signal Tower and respond to incidents, panic alarms and burglary alarms by providing Armed Escort Response Teams
- Manage and mobilize armed escort teams during emergencies
- Report any/all incidents to the General Manager
- Ensure daily attendance and inspection of Operations Staff is performed by JM Coordinators
- Manage all Journey Management operations and emergencies
- Coordinate Operations Officer, JM Coordinators, JM OPS Administrators, Commanders, Drivers, Fleet Maintenance Supervisor, detached to clients and Monitoring Operators
- Monitor, Manage and Oversee MOPOL movements
- Approve and sign MOPOL overtime sheets
- Inspect the Arrival & Departure logs which contain information for the following day’s Journey Management; double check all client JM requests
- Manage and Oversee Operations Fleet which include fuelling, vehicle inspections, logging of fuel slips, vehicle maintenance, vehicle servicing and report any accidents or damage of Operations vehicles to the General Manager
- Ensure the daily DTVM is updated and send before 10:00 each morning to the General Manager
- Manage, report and notarize incidents and accidents with regards to Operations Fleet
- Follow guidelines as per Driver SOP and ensure that Drivers are trained and receive annual re-training where applicable
- Liaise with MOPOL Inspectors to provide manpower when required
- Manage all leave rotations (this include compiling monthly rosters for all Operations Staff)
- Ensure personnel strengths are maintained during public holidays
- Manage compound Guards
- Ensure the Operations Room is always presentable and that all software and hardware, ACs, plugs, etc. are in a working condition. This includes HOTLINE mobile phones – charged with credit and data
- Ensure the Armed Escort standby team is ready 24/7 to mobilize in the event of an emergency within three (3) minutes
- Ensure the Armed Escort standby team perform their night patrols to client premises and report any incidents
- Ensure there is always a principal vehicle on standby at the International Airport from 09:00 till 20:00
- Inspect all log folders/files such as the key register periodically
- Ensure JM Coordinators do inspection of vehicles returning from their tasks in the evening, and signing in of vehicle keys
- Constantly update all personnel list and contact numbers which also include police stations and other emergency numbers relevantto
- Manage and create Order Confirmations (OCs) and oversee JM OPS Administrator’s drafted OCs
- Ensure professional conduct from all Operations Staff towards clients and each other
- Perform random inspections: hygiene, uniform, vehicles, etc.
- Ensure control forms (vehicles, radios, equipment) are completed
- Perform random C-Track Panic Alarm tests of all OPS vehicles and report vehicle(s) not responding to the Technical Manager
- Visit out of state clients as part of client services and quality control
- Visit client sites where static guards and or MOPOL are present
- Ensure the weekly report is sent to the GM before Mondays
- Perform Close Protection to clients when required and available
- Develop reliable network of information sources and constantly monitor the general security situation in Nigeria by establishing and maintaining contact with national government law enforcement agencies, commercial and private organizations
- On call 24 hours/7 days per week
- Other duties assigned by the General Manager.
- Must be a graduate with background in Operations Management / Mechanical Engineering and related courses.
- Must have 10 - 12 years related experience in similar function preferably from a security firm, oil & gas / airport security operations.
Proposed salary N800, 000 – N1,000, 000 gross/m (based on experience)
Method of Application
Applicants should forward CVs to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ using ‘DRM_LAG’ for Lagos applicants, ‘DRM_PH’ and ‘DRM_Abj’ for Port Harcourt and Abuja applicants respectively as subject of mail before 10th October 2016. Qualified candidates will be invited for interviews.