Bharti Airtel Limited is a leading global telecommunications company with operations in 20 countries across Asia and Africa. With headquarters in New Delhi, India, the company ranks amongst the top 5 mobile service providers globally in terms of subscribers. In India, the company's product offerings include 2G,3G and 4G services, fixed line, high speed broadband through DSL,IPTV, DTH, enterprise services including national & international long distance services to carriers. In the rest of the geographies, it offers 2G, 3G mobile services. Bharti Airtel had over 264 million customers across its operations at the end of July 2012.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring accuracy in the accounting and reporting of the channel partner and shop balances, the revenues from the sale of inventory items and the inventory position and also responsible for establishing controls to ensure the safe guarding of company assets as it relates to inventory and channel partners [CP].
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring accuracy and completeness in the month end reporting; review of provisions, accruals and journals with regards to CPs/inventory and efficiency/timeliness in the presentation of reports.
- Channel partner receivable management;
- Ensuring no increment in debt by proper verification of credit limit assessment for CP
- Adequate communication to stakeholders and CP on overdue/outstanding balances
- Maintenance of CP profile on order management system (i.e. update with approved credit limit, creation of new CP, proper classification of CP etc.)
- Ensuring BGs are called in before expiration and timely transfer of debts to Legal.
- Monitoring credit schemes introduced by stakeholders.
Monitoring of inventory position;
- This include establishing controls to safe guard Company assets,
- Communication of guideline and procedures for treatment of stock (e.g. write-off, deactivation of RCV, approval of credit notes etc.)
- Ensuring monthly stock count are conducted at all locations and the subsequent reconciliation of variances
- Communication with internal and external stakeholders on issues relating to inventory
- Management of inventory profile on system – update change in prices, new products, stock adjustments etc.
- Reconciliation of ERP and the sales order process system
- CP and shop balances
- Accuracy in the posting of Inventory Sales made on Sales Order Process System interfaced to ERP
- Review of CP incentives/ discounts computed by Commercial and ensuring accuracy in posting.
- Review of Monthly collation and reconciliation of RCV Serials to inventory position, to be communicated to Revenue Accounting and Revenue Assurance.
Relevant Skill and Experience
- A recognized university degree
- Professional Accounting qualification; ACCA/ACA
- 6-7 years preferably in FMCG, Consumables & Telecomms
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.