Palladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations. Palladium is built on the idea that progress will be supported by four key pillars:
- International Development
- Strategy Execution Consulting
- Impact Investment
- Training and Events
We create positive impact through more than 100 current projects with more than 2000 employees operating in over 90 countries.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. Wealso provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role
- The State Team Leader is responsible for managing and overseeing the delivery of the Engaged Citizen?s Pillar of the Partnership to Engage Reform and Learn in their state. This includes overseeing the delivery of operational research in their state, managing the setting of priorities and workplans, ensuring the maitnainence of M&E and KM systems and overseeing programme finance and administration. The State Team Leader shall be responsible for the line management and supervision of State Partnership Facilitators, Finance Officers and Admin Officers, short term advisors, as well as the recruitment of new staff into these positions as needed. They shall be responsible for managing the performance of these members of staff and building relationships between them to create an effective team, as well as playing a leading role in manging relationships with programme partners in the state, including DFID, government representatives and other programmes.
- Teamwork & Mentoring
- The State Team Leader should familiarise themselves with the ToRs of all their team members as well as key programme management frameworks: technical, financial and administrative policies and guidelines.
- Actively contribute to Team-Building within the ECP team ? use of shared mission, vision, values, identity/public profile, use of staff meetings, staff welfare, social events, formal and informal opportunities, etc, to reinforce teamwork.
- Actively contribute to a positive office culture and collaborate with other programmes to ensure operational synergies.
- Mentor other colleagues, partners and contractors (within and outside of ECP, and across states) ? direct provision of guidance and support, consistent with ECP?s vision, mission and values/principles.
- Look out for, highlight and support resolution of internal challenges impacting on team performance.
- Line management of State Partnership Facilitators, State Finance and State Admin Officers
- Provide daily oversight, staff performance management, including mentoring, staff development (in line with ECP?s Mission, Vision, Values & Behaviours and their ToR), signing off timesheets, appraisal, mediation, arbitration, and enforcement of discipline.
- Line Management by a Head of Delivery (TBC)
- The State Team Leader is responsible for working under the direction provided by one of the Heads of Delivery, regularly reporting to them and ensuring his/her activities fall within agreed frameworks and operating principles, as well as building an effective working relationship more broadly.
- Primary responsibilities:
- Support to development and refinement of programme strategy in the state
- Supervising the completion of operational research in the region, including co-ordinating the inputs of technical advisors and contributing to the research process
- Reviewing research outputs and supporting the selection and prioritisation of issues and partnerships to support in the states
- Leading the development of workplans and budgets for the state based on this and communicating these to staff and partners
- Contributing to refinements of programme priorities and approach within the state on an on-going basis through support for processes of reflection, review and re-strategizing within the team
- Programme implementation
- Oversee implementation of the workplan through effective delegation of duties within the team (between State Partnership Facilitators, Admin and Finance Officers) and oversight and management of their work
- Oversee how programme resources (funds/budget and ST-TA) are being allocated/managed/used in support of partners
- Oversee National TA inputs/visits
- Ensuring work within the region is fully integrated with ECP?s information management, communication and monitoring and evaluation systems
- Oversight of programme administration.
- Chief accounting officer ? countersign imprest account, sign off staff timesheets, asset register, audits, local contracts, and present annual budget for state programme activities, approve monthly financial forecast, financial reports and endorse statements of variance of expenditure against budget
- Ensure practical compliance with Programme Management Frameworks and the Programme Operations Manual and on all technical, financial and administrative staff duties/tasks
- Chair of ECP State Procurement Committee.
- Ensure compliance with Audit recommendations.
- Ensure adequate security of staff, property and events with partners, as well as security of confidential documents/data (financial and staff personal files) within the office.
- Management of staff
- Staff Recruitment ? headhunt, screen and interview (panel member) new staff
- Staff Induction/Orientation ? provide for new staff at state level, integrated with national level induction.
- Active Team-Building ? familiarise yourself with the ToR of all your team members as well as key programme management frameworks: technical, financial and administrative policies and guidelines, and make use of ECP?s shared mission, vision, values, identity/public profile, as well as staff meetings, staff welfare, social events, formal and informal opportunities, etc, to reinforce teamwork.
- Staff Performance Management ? conduct Probation, Annual Appraisal & Development of line-managed Staff in line with ECP?s Mission, Vision, Values & Behaviours and their ToR.
- Mediation, Arbitration, and enforcement of Discipline ? deal with individual staff performance problems and resolve other internal challenges impacting on team performance.
- Building relationships with key programme partners
- Regularly liaise with ECP Abuja, in particular the NTL, TD, National TA and Federal Team
- Liaise with DFID Nigeria at the state level
- Liaise with State Governments & State Houses of Assemblies at the leadership level (Governor, ExCo, Speaker, SSS, NPF).
- Build effective working relationships with state level leadership of the other pillars of PSAG and other DFID programmes in the state, including the service delivery and local government portfolios
- Other reasonable tasks/amendments to TOR.
- Agree that performance will be assessment based on these Terms of References. Any amendments to these ToRs should be discussed and agreed with your line manager.
- Understand that you will be expected to undertake any reasonable task as requested by their line manager where it is not disruptive to other duties or inappropriate for the level of this position.
- Information Management
- Ensure that familiarity with all DFID and Palladium Policies and procedures and check SharePoint regularly to ensure that any updates are also being implemented in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all work is completed in an accountable and transparent manner, this includes the use of official emails for work purposes, use of personal emails will not be permitted. All work must be saved to the agreed cloud or central server storage systems and not individual desktops or hard-drives.
- Financial Management
- Work as part of the team to ensure that the variance of spend against forecast remains below 2% on a monthly basis, this is achieved by good communication of spend and anticipated spend against forecast to the Finance Officer.
- Minimum education and experience required
- Educated to university degree level or above
- At least 10 years? experience in supporting civil society and voice and accountability in Nigeria
- At least 5 years? experience in senior management and leadership positions
- Experience working in a donor (preferably DFID) funded programme
- Key competencies and professional expertise required
- ALL applicants for this role must to be indigenous to the state of Jigawa
- Strong expertise in building relationships with high level stakeholders in government, media and civil society
- Expertise in the line management and mentoring of programme teams
- Strong skills in overseeing and managing systems for the delivery of development programmes, including planning frameworks, monitoring and evaluation and knowledge management
- Strong skills in overseeing and directing systems for project administration and operations
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Palladium Group career website on thepalladiumgroup.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale