Latest Job Opening at Marie Stopes International (MSI)
Posted on: 16 September, 2016
Deadline: 29 September, 2016
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Marie Stopes
Marie Stopes International (MSI) is the leading international family planning/Reproductive Health Organizations in the world. We are results oriented social enterprise that develops efficient, effective and sustainable family planning/reproductive health programmes around the world.
Marie Stopes International organization, Nigeria (MSION), a partner of the MSI, is currently undertaking a dramatic scale-up of health service delivery for low income women and couples in Nigeria under the AHME project. This includes expanding health services offered within the BlueStar network, clinics and rural Outreach programs. MSION aims to reduce maternal, newborn and child health morbidity and mortality through provision of high quality BEMONC, ANC/PNC and IMCI services. The AHME project supports this objective and intends to strengthen existing health systems within the private health sector through the Vision, Mission and Goals of MSION.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Specific Purpose of the Job
- To build, promote and sustain healthy businesses of facility providers by building their capacity for sustainability within the private sector.
- The AHME Operations Coordinator is a key member of AHME core team in Ogun state and will work closely with other team members to achieve the AHME objectives.
- The Coordinator is responsible for supporting the delivery of strategic targeted coordination to management (field implementation, financial, and administrative), and implementation of the African health markets for equity (AHME) project in Ogun state.
- She/he support the programme management in driving AHME activities in the state to ensure effective implementation, continual improvement and strengthening of the project objectives. He/she will provide support towards achieving the state health insurance scheme goals amongst other AHME deliverables.
- These include but are not limited to social franchising, donor project implementation and relationship management partnership management with partner institutions, and engaging with the Ogun state Ministry of health on a daily basis.
- He/she will work with the programme manager, to provide support for achieving programme deliverables, sustainability, effective management, high productivity and implementation.
- He/she leads in coordination, and execution of the AHME deliverables in the state. Ensures financial, administrative and logistical resources are used judiciously to achieve AHME goals.
- Conduct Business management trainings to all providers and provide support to creating health businesses as directed by the medical credit fund.
- Develop and roll out a training plan to providers in the social franchise networks in Ogun state. Conduct annual session with SFNs to develop a work plan to realize business development and credit deliverables.
- Provide support to the third party administrator in the state. Support in the development and maintenance of active database with all private health facilities in the state for mapping, orientation and upgrade
- Attend monthly meetings with the state, partners and provide quality feedback.
- Ensure project objectives are being met and ensuring work with the state teams are working.
- Drive the process to ensure providers run and grow viable businesses.
- Undertake business sustainability assessment of private providers on national health insurance/state health insurance scheme.
- Proven excellent technical oral, written, and editing abilities
- Ability to present and write for multiple audiences
- Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work well with others in team environments
- Must be able to satisfy stakeholders
- Should be able to work in deadline driven/results orientated atmospheres
- Strong people management skills
- Strategic guidance and planning skills
- Report writing
- Masters in degree in; Development Studies, Public Health, Social Enterprise, Health Financing/Insurance background will be a plus.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in project implementation position in an NGO/not- for profit workplace.
- Experience from working in complex project frameworks
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and negotiation skills including capacities to liaise with government stakeholders, policy analysts, and different professional bodies within the health sector.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and suitability statement as a single attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The subject of the email should be the POSITION TITLE/LOCATION and the CV/Suitability statement should be saved in the applicant’s full name.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Shortlisting will start as soon as we start receiving applications and deadline might be changed without prior notice.
- MSION is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to achieving gender balance within the organization. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Marie StopesSimilar Jobs
- Deputy Finance Manager at Mercy Corps Nigeria
- Aviation Officer at the United Nations World Food Programme (WFP)
- Senior Project Manager, MAFITA at Adam Smith International
- Logistics Officers at Oxfam Nigeria
- Finance Officer at the Health Communication Capacity Collaborative (HC3)
- Medical Adviser at the German Leprosy and TB Relief Association (GLRA)
- Country Support Associate, Severe Malaria at the Clinton Health Access Initiative (CHAI)
- Site Study Coordinator Research at Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS)