The Skills Outside School Foundation is a not-for-profit organisation registered as in IT (70340) in June 2014 at the Corporate Affairs Commission, Nigeria and a Company Limited by Guarantee (09365183) at the Companies House, UK.
PRIMARY DUTIES OF VOLUNTEER TRAINER
- Selection of the Participants
- Coordinating and Administering the skills workshops for the participants
- Coordinating the career development journey of the participants
- Writing a progress report which must be submitted to the Program Officer & Manager
- Managing the student evaluation process
- Gathering stakeholder feedback and transmitting that to the wider team
- Managing the External Career Mentor – Student Relationships
- Managing parent/guardian, student, supervising teachers and school administration engagement
- Managing the Information dissemination and the Applications process for external opportunities and education building programs for the students
- Facilitating the Business challenge workshop
- Organising and Managing the Career Mentoring Open Day
SECONDARY DUTIES OF VOLUNTEER TRAINE
The design of the skills workshops - the selection of the techniques to achieve the goals and the steering of group processes
Understanding the participants and the workshop content prior to planning the workshop
Following a step by step process to clarify assumptions and focus the workshops on the specific objectives of the sessions
Making adjustments to the workshop design—structure and learning activities—as needed for the situation
Sharing firstâ€ hand practical experiences with the participants to extend their learning and understanding
Leading follow up and evaluation of the learning, collecting feedback on the event and tracking learning, during and after the workshop
Providing additional examples of concepts and case studies to guide and support participants’ learning
Engaging in other volunteer mobilization
REPORTING RELATIONSHIP: Program Manager & Officer (Bridge)
TIME COMMITMENT OF VOLUNTEER POSITION:
1 Training Day a week (MINIMUM)
1 Team Meeting monthly (MINIMUM)
c.10 HOURS A WEEK (MINIMUM)
d.OCTOBER 2016 – AUGUST 2017
LOCATION(S) FOR THE VOLUNTEER POSITION
Trainers will be assigned to schools based on proximity to the location and days of preference
- Presentation - communicating ideas, using visual and other aids, giving feedback, listing skills
- Facilitation - managing activities, eliciting contributions and learning, creative and innovative thinker, ability to create an atmosphere of confidence among participants.
- One-to-one - coaching, counseling, mentoring, advising, assessing
- Consultancy - investigating, advising, evaluating
- Design - designing activities, e-literate, knowledge of group development, including the ability to sense a group’s mood and change methods or adjust the program on the spot.
- Interpersonal - building relationships, ability to handle conflict, trust in other people and their capacities, respect for the opinions of others, does not impose ideas on others, adaptable.
- Assertiveness - confidence, challenging and supporting.
- Expertise and Interest - knowledgeable, insightful, up to date, enthusiastic about being a trainer.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in cloud software applications (Skydrive, DropBox, Google Docs)
- A university degree in any field
- Previous experience in training or facilitating workshops, sessions etc. (this could be part time, as an intern, as a volunteer or full time)
Method of Application
Applicants should send their Cvs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.