Granite is a leading provider of turbine and compressor service solutions in the Power Generation and Oil & Gas industries. With over 25 years of experience and a successful track record completing over 1,000 outages annually, Granite provides services ranging from advanced planning and project controls to complete project execution including startup and commissioning.
Granite partners with clients to provide advanced planning, global field expertise, and cutting-edge technology to consistently meet or exceed operational goals. Our offices are located in over 45 countries throughout North and South America, Europe, Middle East, Asia, and Africa.
Requisition Number: 16-0530
City: Port Harcourt
The role is responsible for driving local EHS policies implementation and providing necessary EHS support to operations teams in country. The position as well is responsible for guiding and managing a team of field EHS specialists and advisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drives the local in-country implementation of GE/Granite EHS policies and procedures.
- Drives the local in-country implementation of Granite’s OHSAS 18001 Management System and provides feedback on opportunities for improvement.
- Promotes EHS programs, procedures, and tools to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and GE best practices.
- Drive risk reduction projects by identifying, prioritizing, and implementing appropriate corrective actions.
- Interacts with Field Engineers, Granite Employees & subcontractor to promote safety programs, accident prevention.
- Conducts thorough Incident/Accident investigation, prepares Root Cause Analysis and lessons learned for circulation.
- Provides technical leadership for job safety risk assessments (SRA) and job Hazard analysis, and prepares and updates them when necessary.
- Assists in developing EHS training materials related to country EHS regulation.
- Conducts EHS level 2 Audit to various sites within country (ies) and reports findings.
- Maintains updated EHS records and reports in the filing system and online EHS databases.
- Cascades and promotes implementation of Global EHS directives, initiatives and agendas to site level.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Required EHS Leadership and managerial competence preferably within a power plant, Oil & Gas, and Petrochemical construction, commissioning & maintenance environment.
- Previous working experience in Middle East is essential and preferably within Saudi Arabia.
- Good working experience and knowledge of international HSE standards, OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001, UK/US Health & Safety standards, legislations and local regulations and display a practical approach to interpreting them into a practical application in country.
- Ability to recognize, evaluate and recommend controls for workplace hazards, as well as work related injury and illness case management.
- Proven experience in conducting internal EHS audits.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, and foster a compliant / safety-first culture in the workplace.
- Demonstrated competence in the preparation of Risk Assessment and Job Hazards Analysis.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various EHS principles and requirements as a minimum for Scaffolding, Lifting operations, Lock/out Tag/out, Confined Space Entry, Working at Height, and Vehicle Safety.
- An understanding of EHS principles for pneumatic tools safety, material handling and storage, and ergonomics is also preferable.
- Familiar with or knowledgeable of basic security principles and applications for site operations such as site access control and employees’ safety & security and assets protection.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Very good computer skills and proven ability to learn new applications.
- Up to 50% travel required, domestic and international.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- University Degree (BSc.) in Engineering, Environmental Science, or Occupational Health / Safety.
- Or the equivalent to BSc. in EHS training and experience of at least 5 years.
- NEBOSH International General Certificate or equivalent recognized professional EHS qualifications.
- Minimum 10 years of total EHS experience out of which at least 3-4 years of experience in an EHS lead or managerial position.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Granite Services International career website on re11.ultipro.com to apply