An International Development Organization is seeking applications from qualified Nigerian nationals for the following position:
- Job TypeFull Time
Abia, Abuja, Adamawa, Akwa Ibom, Anambra, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Ekiti, Enugu, Gombe, Imo, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Lagos, Nasarawa, Niger, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe, Zamfara
- Job Field
Media / Advertising / Branding
Job Location: Nationwide (Primarily in Abuja, Adamawa, Borno and Yobe)
Position Duration: As Required (Over a six-month period)
The consultant (videographer) will provide technical assistance by capturing, producing and editing high quality photographs and video content which tell a clear story suitable for publishing and distribution by the program. The Videographer will be required to have his or her own filming and editing equipment and be available for travel immediately to program sites in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe as needed. The program will cover transportation costs associated with travel to the field. The consultant will provide ongoing services, as needed, for a period not to exceed 48 total days spread over 6 months.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Videographer will report to the Reporting Officer and other field team members as necessary.
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Filming high quality video content using an approved work plan covering pre-production, production and post production.
- Editing raw video footage to create appealing visual content in a variety of formats including short films, video success stories and event coverage videos that adequately tell the program’s story and convey the intended message.
- Capturing and editing high quality photographs from program activities and events and delivering the final photographs for further dissemination.
- Work with the Reporting Officer to ensure compliance with and adherence to the organization’s approved marking and branding plan across all content created.
- Any other duties, commensurate with ability, necessary to fulfill responsibilities of the consultancy.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Degree in visual communication, journalism, fine arts, visual/graphic design, media, or other closely related discipline desired.
- Minimum of 5 years of practical experience in filming and editing high quality videos and photographs, preferably in the humanitarian sector, with a large and diverse portfolio of work.
- Proven experience in producing video stories, making database of video and photo materials for use and sharing; excellent knowledge of camera shooting techniques as well as editing and interviewing skills
- Tech savvy, with considerable knowledge of camera operation, use of DSLR & digital video cameras, sound equipment, audio/visual equipment, software and techniques used in video production & editing.
- Ability to work independently, think creatively and apply problem-solving skills, and provide technical supervision when necessary.
- Strong time management and organizational skills and demonstrated ability to operate in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to manage a diverse range of professional relationships is essential.
- Ability and Willingness to travel to NERI’s program areas as needed.
- Ability and willingness to coach, mentor and train others in all of the aforementioned areas.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English required. Hausa language proficiency desired.
Method of Application
Interested applicants for this position MUST submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 23, 2016:
A current resume or curriculum vitae (CV) listing all job responsibilities and equipment/software used for previous work;
A cover letter; AND
Samples of previous work (Include Videos, Images and media coverage of previous work)
Please reference the job title and location on the subject line, your cover letter and resume/CV.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale