Capricorn Digital Limited is a digital solutions and distribution company that supports the growth of agents, merchants, entrepreneurs and/or small and medium sized businesses through the efficient and effective distribution of digital products and services utilising its extensive distribution network across Nigeria.
The Head, Marketing and communication will oversee the creation and implementation of all company related Marketing, Corporate Social Responsibility and Corporate Relations Objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement Marketing, CSR ad Corporate Relations Plans and Strategies
- Provide leadership around innovative and creative digital Marketing and CSR techniques that reach and impact mass market consumers
- Provide service leadership related to Marketing and Communications of business activities
- Ensure that high-quality services are delivered effectively, efficiently and consistently, whether it is direct or indirect communications.
- Ensure that the business marketing communications promote the right message to maintain a good brand image.
- Act as the lead officer in all Marketing and Communications activities
- Assist the company in developing, managing and altering social responsibility policies
- Using internal communication to reinforce the company’s social responsibility policies
- Reaching out to the public via PR and marketing to deliver the message of the company’s commitment to social responsibility
- Working on company branding strategies with the marketing department to Identify, cultivate and solicit philanthropic partnerships with companies committed to facilitate research to develop strategies for mutual benefit
- Planning, developing and implementing effective corporate relations department procedures
- Responsible for identifying prospects, developing and proposing strategies for the cultivation of major corporations
- Determine specific purpose and level of partnership and identify those to be involved in cultivation and subsequent solicitation
- Maintain an effective program of stewardship of corporate partners
- Ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of the CS department and that all related staff are well trained, developed, regularly performance appraised and motivated to perform their duties on a daily basis.
Qualifications and Requirements
- BSc/BA in relevant discipline (2:2 and above)
- MBA, Masters or Post Graduate Degree in Mass communication or Economics (International degrees are highly desirable)
- 8+ years in progressively responsible experience in Marketing, CSR and corporate relations leadership roles, preferably in a Telecommunication, FMCG, Utility Payments, Sports Betting, Lottery industry
- Strong Knowledge of digital Marketing
- Strong Knowledge of below the line marketing techniques
- Strategic and creative thinker
- Proven relationships at a range of media institutions (newspaper, radio, social media etc…)
- Proven ability of promoting a national marketing strategy supported by a localised State by State strategy
- Must be accessible and approachable for other employees to see them as an advisor and point of contact, to provide high-quality advice to solve any problems they may have.
Other Skills & Abilities
PC proficiency and strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word and Google application is essential.
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CVs and cover letter to email@example.com using the job title as the subject of the email.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale