TheJobMag - Our client, a fast growing firm in the Telecommunications Industry in West Africa, designs and manufactures indigenous mobile devices to meet the needs of its growing and diverse customer base. They seek to hire a smart, hardworking and result-oriented individual to join her team.
The incumbent will be responsible for all logistics, warehousing, clearing and forwarding activities required by the organisation. He/she will coordinate all custom clearing activities which includes documentation of transactions, follow up with clearing agents as well as other related tasks in line with the organisation’s policies & procedures
Are you the one we are looking for? Then you should know that you would be responsible for the following:
- Establish and implement logistics procedures in line with organizational requirements
- Coordinate logistics activities for all units
- Ensure accurate product packaging and timely delivery of products
- Prepare weekly progress report of activities
- Perform any other assignment that may be given from time to time by superior officers
Clearing & Forwarding
- Follow up consignment arrival and clearing agent needed for each shipment;
- Liaising with Port authorities & customs officials, monitoring compliance to regulatory requirements and maintaining requisite papers & documents
- Properly handle both original and copies of waybills and other important documents.
- Preparation of duty estimation/letters & follow up with payment;
- Opening of form M / LC (Application to import)
- Liaising with accredited clearing agent for the clearing of good at destination (Apapa , Tin can island and airport as the case maybe)
- Liaising with the shipping company on all issues with consignment
- Administering import procedures as well as documentations.
- Managing demurrages, port charges within specified norms.
- Effective management of warehouse inventory
- Ensure complete documentation of all goods
- Ensure proper documentation that allows quick and efficient release of goods from the warehouse.
Desired Competencies & Experience
- To be selected for this role, you should be able to demonstrate the following competencies
- OND/HND or BSc degree in a relevant field
- 1-2 years’ experience in a logistics firm
- Be conversant with all activities in shipping management especially in the area of clearing and forwarding
- Have a deep knowledge of Nigeria imports processes
- Ability to manage customs documentation for clearing and forwarding
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- You must be an honest, diligent and hard working person
- Physically fit
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications
Method of Application
Do you have what it takes? Then we would love to hear from you. Please send your CV and Cover Letters to email@example.com to apply