Career Opportunity at GlaxoSmithKline (GSK)
Posted on: 14 September, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Pharmaceuticals
View All Jobs at GlaxoSmithKline
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK), one of the world's leading research based pharmaceutical and healthcare companies, is committed to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. GSK employs over 97,000 employees in over 100 countries worldwide.
GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Nigeria Plc is one of Africa's largest consumer healthcare companies, producing leading brands such as Lucozade, Ribena and Panadol.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Requisition ID: WD91013
Position: Full time
Functional area: HR
- The purpose of the job is to develop, manage and implement recruitment strategies for the organization while maintaining an active pipeline through effective Employer Branding.
- The role requires working closely with internal and external stakeholders ensuring support for talent activities.
- Provide direction and guidance to the team and lead the team to deliver high quality strategic sourcing for market through creating and implementing effective recruitment activities in the talent market;
- Develop line managers’ capability on interviewing and selection by providing training and coaching on interviewing techniques and assessment tools etc;
- Provide training and coaching to line managers on recruitment related SOPs and local labor law to ensure the compliance in daily operations to recruitment minimum standards;
- Proactively participate in driving optimization, simplification and standardization of recruitment SOPs across the country / cluster
- Design the selection matrix for choosing the optimum recruitment channel and recruitment source by monitoring and constantly reducing the costs of the recruitment process
- Keep close communication with key stakeholders in country / cluster such as but not limited to functional heads, HR Generalists etc to understand the business plan and workforce plan as well
- Hands-on recruitment for critical positions, from understanding the job requirement, searching, screening, and providing candidates. Maybe is a part of the interviewing process.
- Develop creative recruitment solutions to attract and acquire top talents esp. for niche or critical roles.
- Devise or introduce effective evaluation method, assessment tools including to enhance the hiring quality
- Lead country / cluster on GSK employer brand promotion by analysing and developing the value proposition of GSK as an employer, and organizing various activities in target talent market promoting GSK towards Most Preferred Employer;
- Lead the country / cluster for recruitment related third party vendor management processes
- Lead the use of the recruitment technology and tools, such as People Fluent, provided by GSK ensuring that agreed SLAs and KPIs for the process are met across the area of remit
- Manage all external communications relating to recruitment e.g. advertisement, communication with executive search firms etc.
- Actively adopting best practices from within the GSK network and other companies operating in the country / cluster.
- Establish appropriate networks outside GSK in the related industry to keep close watch on the talent market movement;
- Manage, coach and develop team members, where applicable, to enable them to be an expert in recruitment function
Key HR Capabilities
- Resource Planning - Proactively manages supply and demand for HR services to ensure optimal use of resource.
- Business Know How - Understands GSK’s internal and external business environment and applies that knowledge and insight in the context of HR activity in order to improve business performance.
- Leading & Delivering Change - Leads, drives or implements the efficient delivery of diverse change projects in support of the company’s strategic agenda within a culture of empowerment, personal leadership and using GSK standard tools.
- Strategic Consulting - Improves organisational performance through the analysis of existing business problems and the development of plans for improvement. Uses methodologies, frameworks or other tools to guide the identification of problems and formulate recommendations for more effective or efficient ways of performing business tasks.
- Data Metrics and Analytics - Use standard GSK tools and methodologies to produce and use data in a responsible way to identify patterns, trends and issues and to measure the impact of HR strategies. When consulting with leaders, use data to provide insight and support best decision making for successful business outcomes.
- Systems and Processes - Understand GSK standardised HR systems and processes in depth and apply that knowledge in an efficient, consistent and responsible way ensuring effective outcomes with a continuous improvement mind-set.
- Knowledge Management - Effective application of HR information, including knowledge management systems, to support best decision making for successful business outcomes
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to GlaxoSmithKline career website on careers.peopleclick.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about GlaxoSmithKlineSimilar Jobs
- Protocol Officers at a Multinational Pharmaceutical Company - RS Hunter Limited
- Regional Manager at Shalina Healthcare
- Account Officers at Vixa Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd.
- GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) Recruiting for Medical Representatives - 12 Positions
- Graduate Logistics Officers at Pfizer Nigeria
- Latest Recruitment at Chemiron International Limited
- Job Vacancies at HealthPlus Limited
- Financial Accountants at HealthPlus Limited