Job Opportunity at a Privately Owned Educational Facility Via KPMG
Posted on: 9 September, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Education / Teaching
View All Jobs at KPMG
KPMG Nigeria - Our client, a privately owned educational facility offering Nursery, Primary and Secondary educational services to its students. Its mission is “to provide world class education to children” with the aim of providing the students with a sound and solid education while at the same time developing the total child. It has nine locations in Lagos; with the objective of becoming one of the top 3 educational institutions of its kind while also expanding to other viable locations.
In line with this growth agenda as well as its desire to ensure critical roles are filled by best in class talent with the requisite experience and desired attributes, our Client seeks to recruit an experienced and motivated individual to fill the role of:
Ref #: CFC001
Detailed Job Description
- The Financial Controller (FC) will have operational responsibility for all financial matters of the institution covering finance, accounting, treasury, planning & budgeting etc.
- The FC is expected to ensure adequacy of controls to safeguard the financial and other assets of the institution. A key focus of the role will be to ensure value for money with regards to the institution’s expenditure and investments while also working with the Chief Executive Officer to ensure effective cost management over the operations of the schools.
- The FC will also be responsible for ensuring the finance staff across all locations have the necessary capacity to manage cost effectively, while also ensuring adherence to sound accounting policies and practices as well as rigorous internal control procedures.
- The role will report to the Chief Executive Officer as well as the Treasurer of the Schools’ Governing Board.
- Understand the strategic direction of the School and provide high level, proactive financial expertise and inputs for both short term and long term financial planning.
- Champion the translation of the School’s strategy into financial and business plans, projections and performance monitoring and reporting.
- Articulate, develop and oversee strategies to ensure that the School’s funding requirements are proactively anticipated and met at a reasonable cost.
- Oversee the formulation and implementation of strategies to ensure effective management and utilization of the School’s IT infrastructure especially the deployment of the ERP.
- Ensure that controls in place are appropriate, working and in line with industry standards within the education sector.
- Manage relationships internally and with external bodies, Tax and regulatory authorities and other stakeholders to ensure a fair and positive outlook for the school.
- Prepare for and drive annual external audit, ensuring adherence to accounting standards, partnership with quality service providers and adherence to agreed deadlines.
- Ensure the maintenance of an orderly accounting filing system and sustain a structure of controls over accounting transactions.
- Prepare all periodic and final reports/statements in line with the Schools’ Governing Board’s requirements.
- Oversee the internal budget processes to support the Trust Council in the annual budget process and monitoring of budgets during the year.
- Lead the preparation of feasibility studies for new projects initiatives.
- Prepare up to date structured cash flow management system for the school.
- Oversee capital planning and modeling and optimization of investment income.
- Oversee donor and endowment accounting, annual scholarship budgeting, spending rate and coordinates communications with Advancement.
- Perform other functions as necessary or as assigned.
Experience, Skills and Attributes
- First degree in Accounting or related disciplines from a reputable institution, and must be a member of any of the recognized professional bodies, e.g. ICAN, ACCA, ACA or CPA.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years’ experience with middle to senior management responsibilities preferably in a well-established organization.
- Demonstrated record of effective financial management, with experience in structured financial accounting systems and knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and local laws and practices.
- Strong analytical and planning skills.
- Strategic thinking skills.
- Commercial acumen
- Effective leadership and team-building skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to KPMG career website on kpmgng.avature.net to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about KPMGSimilar Jobs
- Mobile App Developer at Tutor.NG
- Latest Recruitment at The Federal University, Otuoke
- Nanny Assistant at Leabridge Preparatory School
- Vice-Chancellor at the University of Agriculture, Makurdi - UPDATED
- Office Assistant at Mictec International School
- Job Openings at The Federal College of Education (Technical), Akoka
- Greensprings School Recruiting for School Librarian
- Admin / Admissions Officer at a Topmost Business School - MasterMindsHRSG Management Consulting