Our client, a building construction company is hiring astute professionals for the position of a Building Project Manager. The candidate will be responsible for overseeing and executing construction projects in a timely manner and under project budget.
The Project Manager oversees the planning, implementation, and tracking of a specific short-term project which has a beginning, an end and specified deliverables with the aim of creating value, maximising growth or improving the business performance of the organisation and its clients. Ensuring hitch free internal and external customer experience.
External: Consultants, Service Providers, Contractors, Architects, Site Engineers
Functionally Reports To:General Manager
Supervises: As required, recruit, hire, train and supervise part-time or full-time, paid, or unpaid/volunteer roofing staff as well as vendors
- Review and approve roof drawings and submittals
- Schedule and attend pre-planning sessions with General Contractor, vendors etc.
- Schedule pre-roofing conference before roofing work begins.
- Coordinate work schedule with clients and subcontractors and inform construction Manager of all changes in the schedule.
- Maintain job site records, daily reports, delay requests and weather reports as required
- Monitor job progress and control costs
- Resolve problems and issues that may arise – includes both technical and contractual.
- Provide support to Construction manager as required for materials, schedule, and cost information.
- Prepare estimates for minor change orders. Provide information/support to estimators for major change orders.
- Maintain a change order status log. Keep Accounts Receivables informed of all pending and approved change orders.
- Submit monthly billings based on contract requirements.
- Attend Daily Department Team meetings; and Weekly Scheduling meetings
- Occasional travel and out of town work
- Setting-up, coordinating, and managing all aspects of multiple roofing crews and projects simultaneously with an equal emphasis on safety, quality and productivity
- Customer Service - initiate and receive calls from customers; manage the process of problem resolution in a timely and professional manner
- Perform to earn Management’s full confidence
- Assure discreet handling of all business
- Keep business documents confidential
Minimum of a first degree in Building technology, Quantity Surveying,
Professional Qualification: Not Mandatory but recognised
- Minimum of 5 years of commercial and industrial building experience.
- Strong estimating, sales and management skills.
- An extensive knowledge of all aspects of commercial and steep slope roofing and sheet metal systems are a must including, but not limited to: Modified, EPDM, PVC.
- A valid driver's license with a satisfactory driving record is required.
- Jobsite visits are mandatory requiring climbing ladders on a regular basis and bending to facilitate roof inspections.
- Computer knowledge and proficiency required including Outlook (email) and Microsoft Office Package (Word, Excel, etc.), MS - Project with the ability to formulate letters for business communication purposes as necessary.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, along with basic knowledge of algebra and geometry.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills, both written and verbal, for use in dealing with customers, architects, consultants, estimators, and field personnel is essential.
- Manage job costs and installation quality
- The successful candidate will be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and be able to manage all aspects of projects and crews with limited supervision.
- Must be a team player and be able to multi-task.
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Computer literate with good excel skills and solid understanding of Project management software
- Independent judgment
- Technical knowledge of the specific area of assignment and of overall company activities
- High learning ability
- Team Spirit
- Proactiveness and foresightedness
- Manage and prioritise time
- Plan and Organize and schedule work
- Listen actively
- Give clear information
- Get unbiased information
- Maintain accurate records
- Identify and Solve Problems
- Make decisions and weigh risk
- Think clearly and analytically
- Excellent communication skills
- Friendly and approachable
- Highly attentive to detail
- Ability to multi -task
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Adaptive to change
Applicants who do not qualify with the above criteria need not apply as only successful candidates will be contacted.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Fosad Consulting career website on www.smartrecruiters.com to apply