Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, and wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
- Human Resources/Administration Manager based in field operations are considered instrumental in keeping compliance with DRC's operational procedures.
- The HRA Manager will be responsible to monitor and execute all national HR(Human Resources) and HR administrative activities in close cooperation with the HOFA (Head of Finance & Administration).
- HRA Manager serves as an HR anchor point for the Country Director and as a link to the HR and Operational desks in the DRC Regional Office in Abidjan.
- Bachelor Degree in Business administration/HR or Higher Diploma from Government Technical College in HR/Administration.
- 3-4-year working experience in field of HR/Administration including recruitment, talent/performance management, training in (I)NGO/commercial sector.
- Full proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Working experience in MS Office 2013 package including hands-on experience/skills in MS Excel (experience in working with formulas), Power Point, Word and Outlook.
- Excellent organizational skills, self-motivated, proactive and able to accomplish set deadlines.
- Knowledge of local languages.
- Experience in preparing reports.
- Experience in developing a ToR(Terms of Reference)
- Experience in doing staff educational workshops i.e. CoC (Code of Conduct), Training/Capacity Building a.o.
- Willing to meet short deadlines with minimum supervision.
- Willing to travel within DRC offices within Nigeria.
- Availability: ASAP (mid end September 2016)
- Salary and conditions: In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hand delivery to:
The Head of Base,
DRC Maiduguri Office,
No. 548 Ashaka Road Potiskum close,
Off Damboa Road old GRA west,
No 49 Karewa GRA,
No. 64 Suleja Street,
John P Hirse Street,
Gwarinpa - Abuja.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: Head of Finance & Administration.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered.
- Applications sent/received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.