Sahara Group Analyst Program 2016
Posted on: 7 September, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Sahara Group
Sahara Group nutures businesses in the energy sector. These companies operate essentially within the energy industry and its associated sub-sectors. The Group consists of individuals, who are determined to make a positive impact on the business environment.
Job Grade: Supervisor
- Responsible for financial position to make better financial and investment decisions.
- The Sahara Analyst is responsible for processing and evaluating businesses, projects, budgets and other finance-related entities to determine their suitability for investment.
- (S)He must be able to perform financial analysis at a micro and macro level to understand the financial health of the company and offer suitable recommendations.
- After successful completion of the programme, successful candidates would perform in any of the following capacities; Strategy, Business Analysis & Risk Analysis with a focus on Energy, and Infrastructure development
- Recommend individual investments and collections of investments, which are known as portfolios
- Evaluate current and historical data
- Study economic and business trends
- Study a company's financial statements and analyze commodity prices, sales, costs, expenses, and tax rates to determine a company's value by projecting the company's future earnings
- Meet with company officials to gain better insight into the company's prospects and management
- Prepare written reports
- Meet with investors to explain recommendations on research and forecast
- Monitor budgets, prepare and submit regular reports, raise flags whenever necessary, and provide management with explanations for any distortion from initial budgets and assumptions
- Perform expense trend analysis and monitor financial and operational risk exposure on an ongoing basis; proactively communicate potential risks to management
- Conduct special projects to improve reporting and analysis, develop best practices and support Company initiatives; establish and implement new procedures to address areas requiring improvement
- Completes other ad hoc financial analysis and reporting, including utilizing data from multiple sources
- Fosters strong working relationships with peer and management to meet company objectives and develop efficient and effective cross-divisional relationships among core teams throughout the company
Minimum Qualification / Experience
- University Degree in Economics, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Business Management, Accounting, Finance and any other Degree i.e. Candidates with a bias for Financial/Business Analysis. (Minimum Second Class Upper). A business degree and a certification as a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 3-5 years cognate working experience (Post NYSC) in a similar capacity within an organisation
- Must be hard working and resourceful
- Must possess the ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Must be a person of high integrity
- Must be a self-starter and a team player with proactive approach to work.
- Must be able to communicate fluently in written and oral English.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial & dynamic environment
- Must be able to understand market trends and forecast
- Must be thorough in research finding and methodology
- Must possess a flare for numbers and be business savvy
- Must possess excellent numerical and quantitative skills
- Must be a critical thinker with good judgement and decision making
- Must have excellent presentation skills
- Ability to collect, integrate and analyze information from multiple sources to create a cohesive, fact-based analysis
- Must be MS Word, Excel and Internet Browser proficient.
- Internal: Develop efficient and effective cross-divisional relationships among core teams throughout the company including, Finance Managers, Managing Directors, Executive Directors and the Company Board.
- External: Is expected to develop relationships with banks, tax authority, treasury houses, Investor Relations etc.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Sahara Group career website on saharajobs.talentaccesspartner.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Sahara GroupSimilar Jobs
- Discipline Engineer (Marine) at Petrok Oil And Gas Services Limited
- Job Openings at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
- HSE Supervision and Scaffold Services Officer at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Asset Integrity Engineer at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
- Job Vacancies at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
- Enginners at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
- Marketing and Communications Director at Jagal Group
- Operations Officer at Bloffin General Merchant Limited jobs in Nigeria Bloffin General Merchant Limited