Sahara Group Analyst Program 2016
Posted on: 7 September, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Oil and Gas / Marine
View All Jobs at Sahara Group
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Sahara Group nutures businesses in the energy sector. These companies operate essentially within the energy industry and its associated sub-sectors. The Group consists of individuals, who are determined to make a positive impact on the business environment.
Job Grade: Supervisor
- Responsible for financial position to make better financial and investment decisions.
- The Sahara Analyst is responsible for processing and evaluating businesses, projects, budgets and other finance-related entities to determine their suitability for investment.
- (S)He must be able to perform financial analysis at a micro and macro level to understand the financial health of the company and offer suitable recommendations.
- After successful completion of the programme, successful candidates would perform in any of the following capacities; Strategy, Business Analysis & Risk Analysis with a focus on Energy, and Infrastructure development
- Recommend individual investments and collections of investments, which are known as portfolios
- Evaluate current and historical data
- Study economic and business trends
- Study a company's financial statements and analyze commodity prices, sales, costs, expenses, and tax rates to determine a company's value by projecting the company's future earnings
- Meet with company officials to gain better insight into the company's prospects and management
- Prepare written reports
- Meet with investors to explain recommendations on research and forecast
- Monitor budgets, prepare and submit regular reports, raise flags whenever necessary, and provide management with explanations for any distortion from initial budgets and assumptions
- Perform expense trend analysis and monitor financial and operational risk exposure on an ongoing basis; proactively communicate potential risks to management
- Conduct special projects to improve reporting and analysis, develop best practices and support Company initiatives; establish and implement new procedures to address areas requiring improvement
- Completes other ad hoc financial analysis and reporting, including utilizing data from multiple sources
- Fosters strong working relationships with peer and management to meet company objectives and develop efficient and effective cross-divisional relationships among core teams throughout the company
Minimum Qualification / Experience
- University Degree in Economics, Actuarial Science, Statistics, Business Management, Accounting, Finance and any other Degree i.e. Candidates with a bias for Financial/Business Analysis. (Minimum Second Class Upper). A business degree and a certification as a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 3-5 years cognate working experience (Post NYSC) in a similar capacity within an organisation
- Must be hard working and resourceful
- Must possess the ability to multitask and work under pressure
- Must be a person of high integrity
- Must be a self-starter and a team player with proactive approach to work.
- Must be able to communicate fluently in written and oral English.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial & dynamic environment
- Must be able to understand market trends and forecast
- Must be thorough in research finding and methodology
- Must possess a flare for numbers and be business savvy
- Must possess excellent numerical and quantitative skills
- Must be a critical thinker with good judgement and decision making
- Must have excellent presentation skills
- Ability to collect, integrate and analyze information from multiple sources to create a cohesive, fact-based analysis
- Must be MS Word, Excel and Internet Browser proficient.
- Internal: Develop efficient and effective cross-divisional relationships among core teams throughout the company including, Finance Managers, Managing Directors, Executive Directors and the Company Board.
- External: Is expected to develop relationships with banks, tax authority, treasury houses, Investor Relations etc.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Sahara Group career website on saharajobs.talentaccesspartner.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Sahara GroupSimilar Jobs
- Accountant at Padua Petroleum Nigeria Limited (PPNL)
- Procurement Support Officer at Hobark International Limited (HIL)
- GM Business Development at Energi Talent Resourcing
- Job Openings at Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited
- Management Accountant at Subsea 7
- Human Resources Manager at Bradfield Consulting Limited
- Business Development Manager/Business Development Officer at MG Vowgas Group
- Latest Recruitment at Chevron Nigeria Limited (CNL)