IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain - colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Reports To: Group Director, Audit & Risk
- The SOX Manager is responsible for facilitating IHS’ review of the effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting.
- This role will include maintaining and developing the IHS evaluation framework and associated guidelines; monitoring scope and materiality of the program; managing testing programs and meeting the agreed timetable for reporting.
- Proactive follow up of remediation and retesting is essential.
- The role may also be assigned to perform other operational duties across various functional areas. The incumbent must be able to manage challenges arising from prioritizing planned reviews and other assigned projects.
- Lead the evaluation of the effectiveness of internal control over financial reporting.
- Conduct evaluation and testing of internal controls over financial reporting
- Develop and maintain productive client and staff relationships
- Document work done in work papers and ensure they fully support conclusions reached in accordance with the review framework and guidelines.
- Proactively monitor remediation of control weaknesses identified and ensure retesting in advance of final conclusions.
- Monitor changes to company policies/procedures and accounting/financial reporting standards and partner with audit clients to assess business impact
- Support the internal audit management by providing inputs into annual risk-based audit plan
- Update and maintain actions database and liaise with process owners on status of remediation of agreed management actions.
- Provide timely and comprehensive feedback to the Director of Audit and Risk and the Head, Internal Audit on the development of the program.
- Perform complex, non-standard, ad-hoc requests as may be assigned.
- Minimum of Bachelor degree (or related) in Accounting, Finance, Economics and related discipline.
- ACA, CIA, CISA, CFA or related professional qualifications
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in internal auditing, external auditing and/or compliance monitoring in a reputable organization with at least 1-2 years in a supervisory role.
- Significant SOX experience is desired.
- Knowledge of COSO internal control framework and ITGC is required.
- Knowledge of COBIT is desired
- Prior Telecommunications or Telecoms Infrastructure exposure is an added advantage.
- Understanding of internal control concepts and framework and experience in applying them to plan, perform, manage and report on the evaluation of various business processes.
- Ability to work independently, with limited required direction and guidance, and provide appropriate direction to other internal audit team members.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, to effectively present to peers and management
- Exhibit leadership skills needed to sell ideas and obtain management buy-in for constructive change
- Membership of the Institute of Internal Auditors and understanding of the IIA internal auditing standards is desired.
- Understanding of process improvement techniques and review of Policies, Procedures and Processes
Method of Application
Applicants should send their CV's and Cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org indicating in the subject the name and location of the role.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale