AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company.
The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Requisition/Vacancy No: 136014BR
Job Category: International Development
Business Line: Government
About the Business Line - Government
- AECOM’s Global Support Services (GSS) organization resides within AECOM’s Government business line and is comprised of three divisions - International Development, Operations and Mission Support, and Global Programs.
- GSS has the international presence, personnel networks and procurement infrastructure to deliver support for any mission, anywhere. We optimize the reliability, availability and sustainability of equipment, logistics systems and facilities for clients around the world.
- GSS supports the U.S. Government, non-U.S. Governments and industry clients with worldwide program management, planning, design, operations and maintenance, logistics, aviation services, security, international development, environmental and civil engineering and mission and intelligence support.
AECOM is currently seeking technical and operational specialists for an anticipated USAID-funded water and sanitation activity in Nigeria that will strengthen the financial and productive ability of water providers in select Nigerian states to operate more sustainability. Experts are sought for the following areas:
- Water utility reform
- Policy and regulatory reform
- Water/wastewater tariffs
- Institutional strengthening and capacity building
- Private sector engagement
- Water sector financing
- Project operations and finance
- Gender mainstreaming
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Master's Degree or Higher in Engineering, Business, International Development or related field.
- 10 years professional experience in WASH, institutional strengthening, water sector financing, financing in WASH/other infrastructure, and/or private sector financing, with at least 2 years of experience working in Africa.
- Strong management skills and excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- USAID project experience preferred
- Experience working in Nigeria preferred
What We Offer
- AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people.
- It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide.
- It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Requisition/Vacancy No.: 136015BR
Job Category: International Development
- AECOM is currently seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated USAID-funded water and sanitation activity in Nigeria that will strengthen the financial and productive ability of water providers in select Nigerian states to operate more sustainability.
- Responsible for overall program management and implementation ensuring application of international best practices consistent with client expectations and abilities
- Ensures program results and outcomes including client satisfaction, timely deliverable submission, assignment completion, and quality assurance and control
- Supervises all field-based program technical staff, consultants, locally-hired support staff, and partners
- Advanced Degree in fields related to Water Resources Management, Water Sanitation and Supply Management, or other relevant field
- Minimum 10 years of progressively responsible work experience on USAID funded projects; with significant management or oversight roles
- Prior Chief of party or equivalent experience on projects of similar scope and size
- Deep understanding of, and experience working in, the water and sanitation sector, and activities focused on water and sanitation sector strengthening and improvement
- Experience managing complex programs in Africa
- Direct experience in the water and sanitation sector in an African context preferred
- Experience managing USAID-funded projects preferred
- Prior experience working in Nigeria preferred
- Fluency in a second language
Method of Application
Use the link(s) below to apply on company website.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.