The group’s long-term strategy has identified our clients business as a key source of growth. The International Markets business unit is at the forefront of the growth agenda. The brands have established but mostly under developed market positions across a range of markets within the International Markets portfolio (Nordic region, Middle East, Caribbean, Brazil, Venezuela, Nigeria, Italy, Russia and Japan). Transforming procurement capability is part of the growth plan for the brand in International Markets.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- Provide project management infrastructure to critical business initiatives;
- To manage the development and implementation of key operations-led projects that deliver optimized cost and supplier solutions.
- To manage the supply base to leverage available cost benefit and ensure continuous supply
- To provide project management, procurement and logistic support for delivery of commercial-led projects
SCOPE OF THE ROLE
- To lead the development and implementation of the Procurement strategy across all bought categories into the Nigeria site. To build strong relationships with our supply partners ensuring best price, continuous supply, adherence to ethical and quality standards and excellent service.
- The successful candidate will lead the project management of agreed operations-led initiatives from idea generation through to successful implementation in market. The primary focus is on the packaging materials, but may also include other commercial and technical initiatives as they arise.
- The role requires the management of multiple projects and procurement categories at any one time with a global mindset.
- It requires working closely with internationally located supply chain colleagues and with the Nigeria based operations and commercial teams to form strong cross-functional, collaborative partnerships.
This role provides the ideal platform for an ambitious individual to build a project management career with the client, taking on more responsibility and larger projects in the future. Equally, there is a lot of opportunity to progress your career within the procurement function, both at company and at group level if you are internationally mobile.
- managing 6/7 key suppliers and working with factory abroad.
- Develop and implement effective cost management programs to deliver year-on-year cost improvement, working with relevant Global Category Leaders to ensure consistency of strategy.
- Tracking and reporting on benefits and project process to support the Global Category Leader.
- Lead the local budget process through implementing prices as agreed with the Global Category Leader.
- Together with the Global Category Leader, determine quality and delivery improvement opportunities; evaluate future value-driving opportunities.
- Co-ordinate the raw material and packaging material ordering/import process ensuring continuous supply at best possible price.
- Develop, implement and support suitable procurement process across the business to ensure delivery of best value to the Company.
- Where relevant, build local category plans for categories.
- Project Management e.g.; risk management reviews, implementing operational and commercial changes.
- Agree the scope of each project with the project sponsor to determine key requirements and deliverables.
- As defined in project scope, plan and project governance structure, provide accurate log on progress versus key milestones, risks, contingencies, resourcing and key business decisions required.
- Create and own the project timeline by coordinating with the project team and all stakeholders.
- Hold project / work stream owners to account on project delivery.
- Chair appropriate meetings as defined in project governance to deliver agreed outcomes.
- Create and manage a project risk log and ensure a mitigation plan is created for all identified risks.
- Maintain a benefit tracker for each project and track any spend associated for each project.
- Carry out full project reviews, capturing and embedding process and project learning’s.
- Proactively build and manage relationships with internal supply chain and market stakeholders (e.g. Marketing, Finance, Quality and Manufacturing) including colleagues working in international locations. Use appropriate processes such as communication plans and well-planned meetings to aid relationship management.
- Develop relationships with external stakeholders such as packaging suppliers, third party suppliers, design agencies etc. to identify and deliver ideas and initiatives.
- Create a stakeholder engagement plan for each project and use it to actively communicate with all stakeholders.
- Arrange and chair effective category and project team meetings, using relevant documents such as agendas, action logs, and minutes.
- Provide regular updates with all project sponsors and key stakeholders including the escalation of any issues or risks to any project delivery.
- Attendance at steering group meetings to provide project updates to the senior team.
- Data Management
- Collation and communication of all associated project & procurement KPI data requirements.
- Collation of all relevant data that will be required for the implementation of any given project, such as key supplier and manufacturing information.
Global Procurement teams; Local Marketing, Finance, Commercial, Manufacturing Operations and Planning.
Packaging Suppliers, 3rd Party Manufacturers, Indirect Suppliers (local), other group businesses.
- We’re looking for a minimum of 6 years’ experience including project management in an FMCG business and at least 3 years commercial exposure and/direct material procurement experience.
- You should be able to demonstrate within this experience an aptitude for managing change in an FMCG context.
- You might either be a procurement professional who has proactively driven initiatives or projects on risk assessment, supplier review or cost reduction initiatives as part of your role or you could be a technical FMCG project manager who is a strong negotiator with good commercial acumen and some exposure to procurement.
- Managerial experience.
- Packaging/Print Development experience.
Skills and personal qualities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Skilled at multi-tasking and prioritization.
- Customer focused mind-set.
- Self-starter, proactive and driven.
- Adaptable, flexible approach and can thrive and problem solve effectively in an ambiguous environment
- Empathetic with good listening skills, but with the ability to be able to constructively challenge.
- Strong project manager with proven track record of delivering results, passionate but also pragmatic.
- Collaborative and adaptive of style to be able to engage, influence and persuade. Be able to work with and engage many different cultures and personalities and interests to deliver the best output for the business.
- Be able to step back from the detail to appreciate a wider situation and the implications that may occur.
- “Look Outside” mentality to seek new knowledge and inspiration.
- Team player – supports other team members and contributes positively to the team culture.
- Technical knowledge of packaging construction and artwork process and design.
- Experience in packaging material and print specifications.
- BSc/B-TECH/ HND.
- At least 4 years’ experience and desire to work towards qualification.
- Master’s Degree.
- Project Management Qualification.
- Aim High - make things happen and take responsibility
- Set and achieve inspirational goals.
- Create a sense of urgency.
- Continually seek to make a difference.
- Seize the initiative and take ownership.
- Collaborate – do it together
- Work across boundaries with a constantly widening range of people – building trust and respectful relationships.
- Show a healthy disrespect for formal hierarchy or structure.
- Share information and contacts freely; work hard to create an environment where people work together.
- See strength in diversity of opinion and ways of working.
- Look outside for inspiration and knowledge
- Continually seek more insight into customers, consumers and markets.
- Are curious about success in other categories and sectors.
- Create new ways
- Create and seize opportunities to increase differentiation in our products and brands.
- Find creative ways around roadblocks and demonstrate resilience.
- Take calculated risks, support others to do so.
- Thrive in a changing, often ambiguous environment.
- Challenge the status quo; generate an atmosphere of innovation and creativity.
- Freedom to act and scope for Growth
- Take responsibility for their own development as well as others.
- Take risks with people, placing people in challenging roles and supporting them to succeed.
- Encourage individuals to seize accountability, and take the initiative.
- Are open, provide accurate, straightforward and timely feedback.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Universal Careers career website on recruit.zohopublic.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale