StreSERT is a professional services organisation that offers quality stress-free solutions to corporate organisations. We offer business support and integrated solutions in different areas that ensure business objectives are achieved.
Our client is in urgent need of a Laundry Machine Operator for a four (4) month contract with the possibility of extension.
Job Location: Ikoyi, Lagos State
The job holder must know how to operate industrial laundry machines and will perform a variety of textile care duties including loading and unloading washers and dryers, operating a material handling system and monitoring equipment to ensure proper operation for meeting required standards. The Laundry Machine Operator will ensure the safe and timely processing of clothing as well as train housekeepers on the use of laundry machines.
- Operate various textile care equipment (e.g., washers, dryers and rail systems)
- Monitor chemical dispensing systems and supplies.
- Operate machinery within the guidelines rated for each specific machine
- Operate all safety functions as needed
- Use standard precautions procedures at all times including but not limited to the use of gowns, gloves, etc.
- Monitor equipment to ensure safe and proper operation.
- Train housekeepers on how to operate the washing and drying system.
- Any other duty of related responsibility as assigned from time to time
- High School diploma or equivalent technical qualification
- Applicant must be able to operate industrial washing machines.
- There is a strong desire for applicants who have worked in the laundry unit of hotels, or dry-cleaning companies’ for a minimum of 2- 3 years.
- Ability to follow/understand verbal communications and written procedures required and to verbally communicate with others.
- Ability to understand and follow mechanical sequence of operations and mechanical is aptitude very desirable.
- Must be able to read, write legibly, speak and comprehend English.
Salary & Application:
- Salary is above industry standard.
Method of Application
Qualified applicants should send updated CVs to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’ using ‘Operator_ Brand of laundry machine(s)’ used in the past as subject of mail before 19th September, 2016. E. g ‘Operator_HANABRIT’
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.