Cuso International is a development organization that works to reduce poverty and inequality through the efforts of highly skilled volunteers, collaborative partnerships and compassionate donors. We envision a world where all people are able to realize their potential, develop their skills and participate fully in society. We believe in the power of people, value diversity and take responsibility for our actions and proactively demonstrate that we work with and on behalf of others. Cuso International works in developing countries across the world. We currently have programs in eighteen countries.
About Farming World and Rural development Initiative
FAWARD, formed in 1996 when there was gross failure in crops, pesticide hazards and low prices, offered by middlemen. Our involvement in HIV/AIDS and social health related issues was due to the effects of HIV/AIDS in Cross River in 2004 with a prevalence rate of 12% the highest in the federation. After an in-depth research and focus group discussions with stakeholders like Farmers, agro-dealers, Environmentalist, Processors, Marketers, Consumers, the health sector, and service providers among others. Out of passion, Mr Henry Ogar Etta decided to form the group.
The volunteer's role
The volunteer will:
Essential Academic Qualifications
Essential Professional Background/Competencies
Desirable Academic Qualifications
Important information for candidates
Cuso International covers the following costs:
- Return airfare and visa/permit costs
- Accommodation while overseas
- Modest living allowance while overseas
- Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer
- The cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while overseas and upon return
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and in-country training orientation
Fundraising: We ask each volunteer, regardless of placement length, to raise $2,000. All volunteers receive support from Cuso International to help achieve the goal through fundraising. If the volunteer chooses not to fundraise or is unable to achieve the fundraising goal, he/she can make a one-time donation or become a monthly donor to support our work.
E-volunteering: Depending on the nature of the placement, the volunteer might be required to provide e-volunteering support to the local partner or Cuso International before or after the field placement.
Interested and qualified? Go to Cuso International career website on cusoconnect.cusointernational.org to apply