The Human Resource Director leads the company in the creation, coordination and execution of HR initiatives and programs in the areas of employee engagement, employee relations, recruitment, training, health and safety, payroll and benefits administration. The HR Director must effectively partner with business managers on HR initiatives.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Use general knowledge of Regional Employment law, H&S compliance requirements and all applicable labour laws to act in line with company policy and ensure fair and consistent application of laws, policies and guidelines.
- Lead and support the annual HR processes such as appraisals, compensation reviews, etc.
- Create and implement the organisation's performance management processes through coaching, educating and providing feedback at the managerial and employee levels.
- Coordinate the exit process for employees; include conducting exit interviews with employees, and compiles exit interview feedback.
- Partner with managers on effective recruitment of team members, includes interviewing, reference checks, etc.
- Coordinate interviews at all phases of the recruiting process.
- Responsible for finalising offer letter process, inclusive of reference checks, background screens, e-verify and compensation requirements. Manage the acceptance of all candidates and the turn-down of external candidates.
- Conduct Employee Relations investigations (policy violations/open door related concerns).
- Work in partnership with management to develop and execute plans to address problem areas.
- Proactively provide team with tools and resources.
- Handle confidential information with discretion and maturity
- Perform additional duties, projects, etc. as necessary that supports the business.
- Support the business through change.
- Contribute to the leadership team as needed.