African Development Bank (AfDB) - Established in 1964, the African Development Bank is the premier pan-African development institution, promoting economic growth and social progress across the continent. There are 80 member states, including 54 in Africa (Regional Member Countries). The Bank's development agenda is delivering the financial and technical support for transformative projects that will significantly reduce poverty through inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
- Grade: GS6
- Position N°: 50078919
- Reference: ADB/16/096
- Country: Liberia
This Position does not attract international Terms and Conditions of Employment. (Incumbents of the Position will be considered as Local Staff and will not have International Status).
The Liberia Country Office (LRFO) of the African Development Bank (AfDB) has been established to strengthen policy dialogue between the Bank, Governments and other stakeholders; improve performance of the project portfolio and aid coordination with other development partners.
The Bank invites applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill in the vacant position of secretary to the Resident Representative. This position is based in Monrovia, Liberia and does not attract international terms and conditions.
Under the direction of the Resident Representative, the incumbent will be responsible for the following:
- Time management and scheduling on behalf of the Resident Representative to include effective prioritization and resolving related conflicts and competing demands;
- Manage Resident Representative's calendar and schedule of meetings;
- Administer Staff meetings, take minutes of the proceedings and ensure follow-up on agreed actions;
- Independently respond to diverse inquiries and make decisions when multiple courses of action are possible;
- Coordinate and monitor multiple and diverse work processes and activities to ensure that management decisions are properly carried out and products are delivered in a timely manner;
- Ensure quality of documents requiring the Resident Representative's approval and/or signature;
- Keep others informed by providing relevant information, reports or status updates;
- Draft/finalize correspondence on a range of topics on behalf of the Resident Representative;
- Be accountable for the smooth operation of office work, support services and related systems within the Country Office by organizing and coordinating workflow; and
Perform any other assignments as requested by the Resident Representative and the Bank's management.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- Hold at least a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Public Relations, or other related discipline, preferably supplemented with courses in Secretarial studies/ Office Management;
- Have a minimum of four (4) years of progressively relevant and practical experience in secretarial/ office administration work preferably gained with an international organization;
- Strong client service/relations skills, good organizational and planning skills, ability to multi-task, attention to detail and ability to work with diverse backgrounds in a matrix environment;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English. Working knowledge of French will be an added advantage.
- Excellent sense of initiative, enthusiasm, team spirit, and ability to demonstrate tact and diplomacy. Good organizational and interpersonal skills;
- High sense of confidentiality and ability to develop strong understanding of AfDB work and institutional policies/objectives;
- Thorough knowledge and use of all relevant standard MS Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, etc.). Knowledge of SAP would be an added advantage.
- Good interpersonal and verbal communication skills;
- Proven ability to work effectively in a team and multi-cultural environments and to function effectively as a member of various groups.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to African Development Bank - AfDB career website on www.afdb.org to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale