Monsanto is a sustainable agriculture company. We deliver agricultural products that support farmers all around the world.
We are focused on empowering farmers—large and small—to produce more from their land while conserving more of our world's natural resources such as water and energy. We do this with our leading seed brands in crops like corn, cotton, oilseeds and fruits and vegetables. We also produce leading in-the-seed trait technologies for farmers, which are aimed at protecting their yield, supporting their on-farm efficiency and reducing their on-farm costs.
Asia Africa Finance_51013663
Based in Abuja Nigeria, the role will oversee all accounting, reporting and compliance activities with support from regional, global and SSC teams. The responsibilities include working as a single point of contact (SPOC) for all local and West Africa finance activities as well as providing sound leadership as part of the Nigeria Leadership Team.
- Ensure Compliance to Corporate Controllership Policies (CCP’s) and FCPA (vendor approvals)
- Preparation and submission of quarterly controllership and tax certification
- Preparation of monthly tax provisions; US and statutory tax reporting
- Review of quarterly tax submissions / tax forecasts to USA/annual SEC and GDX packs
- Preparation of annual and provisional income tax returns
- Internal audits, USGAAP/external audits and statutory returns
- Prepare annual financial statements and drive IFRS conversions when necessary
- Approval of all balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of legal entity cashflow forecasts and cash management (incl A/R management)
- Month end closing activities – TB review (P&L and Balance Sheet)
- Calculation and payment of provisional taxes in liaison with tax coordinator
- Approval of electronic vendor payments (account signatory)
- Maintain relationships with 3rd parties i.e. vendors, bank, tax authorities, auditors etc.
- Providing support to business and finance projects
- Cost center; Balance sheet and Tax reviews
- Provide support to costing team on stock counts and controls.
- Manage local entity SLA’s with SSC
- Drive local annual budget process
- Drive annual fixed assets verifications
- Business partnering and site visits for training, expense reporting, CCP’s
Undergraduate degree in business or related field
Professional qualification in accounting or finance (CPA/Chartered Accountant)
8 – 10 years experience within finance; of which 2 years at managerial level.
Good working knowledge of local statutory compliance requirements
Thorough understanding of USGAAP and IFRS concepts
Excellent analytical skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to career website on monsanto.taleo.net to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.