Health Initiatives for Safety and Stability in Africa (HIFASS), is a non-profit organization registered in 2007 in Nigeria with the core objective of expanding quality health care and treatment in Africa. Over the years, HIFASS has provided manpower and associated technical support to PEPFAR HIV/AIDS program and Research activities, USAID and World Bank funded projects in Nigeria and further more played a role in the management of personnel services.
Location: HIFASS HQ Abuja
Work Hours: full-time 40 hours/week
- The Accounts Assistant will assist the Accountant on updates of all accounts records and transactions according to the accounting regulations manage and maintain the accounting procedures and policies in line with the financial guidelines of HIFASS.
Essential Job Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Accountant to routinely monitor financial expenditures regarding program activities.
- Assist the Accountant in preparation of monthly and annual financial reports, including financial status of sub-projects account activities with accompanying bank documentation and receipts.
- Supports the Accountants in the review of all payment requests and determines the propriety and accuracy of all expenditures. Assures completeness of supporting documentation and coding in accordance with HIFASS policies and procedures.
- Work with the Accountant to prepare fiscal year and projects budgets and enter them into HIFASS’s accounting software program.
- Assist to ensure prompt remittances of PAYE, staff Pension Contribution, NSITF, Group Life Assurance and other Statutory requirements
- Maintaining petty cash imprest system and reconciling bank accounts and the petty cash for replenishment.
- Assist to maintain an up to date soft and hard filing system for all financial and other files as assigned, and safely keeping the hard copy versions.
- Manage all cheque logistics in line with the HIFASS policies.
- Assists the Accountant in tracking all advances to ensure that they are retired in a timely manner.
- Prepare and process all requisitions for goods and services in line with HIFASS standard practices with appropriate supporting documents.
- Ensure timely preparation and distribution of employee pay slips and filing of same at the Head Office.
- Assist in monitoring cashflow and preparing cash reports as necessary.
- Providing support in internal and external audit exercises.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education/Training Requirement
- B.Sc/HND in Accountancy or related discipline.
Prior Work Experience:
- Minimum of Two years post NYSC experience in NGO Account Management. Relevant professional qualifications will be an added advantage. Knowledge of OMB Circular A-122 “
Knowledge and skills:
- Sound Reporting Skills
- Efficient use of spreadsheet, data base softwares and Quickbooks.
- Knowledge of OMB Circulars
- Organised, Detail-oriented and ability to meet deadlines
- General accounting principles & IFRS.
- High numerical skills
- Cost Principles for Non-profit Organizations
- Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Part 31 “Contract Cost Principles and Procedures is required;
- Familiar with automated financial reporting; Exceptional communication skills - both written and verbal.
Candidate must be resident in Abuja and should be able to resume within short notice.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Application letters and CV's to "The Human Resources Manager" (HIFASS) and additional certificates that supports or address to firstname.lastname@example.org - specifying the position title as the SUBJECT of the mail.
Note: All attachments should be submitted in PDF and Word formats. Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.