If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Our client is one of the leading multinational FMCG company in Nigeria operating successful global brand in the market
Job Reference: 1134
- Managing key suppliers and working with international factory
- Develop and implement effective cost management programs to deliver year-on-year cost improvement, working with relevant Global Category Leaders (GCLs) to ensure consistency of strategy
- Tracking and reporting on benefits and project process to support the GCL
- Lead the local budget process through implementing prices as agreed with the GCL
- Together with the Global Category Leader, determine quality and delivery improvement opportunities; evaluate future value-driving opportunities
- Co-ordinate the raw material and packaging material ordering/import process ensuring continuous supply at best possible price
- Develop, implement and support suitable procurement process across the business to ensure delivery of best value to the Company
- Where relevant, build local category plans for categories
Project Management e.g.; risk management reviews, implementing operational and commercial changes
- Agree the scope of each project with the project sponsor to determine key requirements and deliverables.
- As defined in project scope, plan and project governance structure, provide accurate log on progress versus key milestones, risks, contingencies, resourcing and key business decisions required
- Create and own the project timeline by coordinating with the project team and all stakeholders.
- Hold project / work stream owners to account on project delivery
- Chair appropriate meetings as defined in project governance to deliver agreed outcomes
- Create and manage a project risk log and ensure a mitigation plan is created for all identified risks.
- Maintain a benefit tracker for each project and track any spend associated for each project.
- Carry out full project reviews, capturing and embedding process and project learning
- Proactively build and manage relationships with internal supply chain and market stakeholders (e.g. Marketing, Finance, Quality and Manufacturing) including colleagues working in international locations. Use appropriate processes such as communication plans and well planned meetings to aid relationship management.
- Develop relationships with external stakeholders such as packaging suppliers, third party suppliers, design agencies etc. to identify and deliver ideas and initiatives.
Create a stakeholder engagement plan for each project and use it to actively communicate with all stakeholders.
Arrange and chair effective category and project team meetings, using relevant documents such as agendas, action logs, and minutes.
Collation and communication of all associated project & procurement KPI data requirements.
Collation of all relevant data that will be required for the implementation of any given project, such as key supplier and manufacturing information.
- BSc/B-TECH/ HND from a reputable institution
- 6 years’ experience including project management in an FMCG business with a minimum of 3years commercial exposure and/or direct material procurement experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Skilled at multi-tasking and prioritisation
- Customer Focused mind-set
- Self-starter – be proactive and not wait to be led
- Adaptable, flexible approach and can thrive and problem solve in an ambiguous environment
- Empathetic with good listening skills but with the ability to be able to constructively challenge
- Strong project manager with proven track record of delivering results
- Collaborative and adaptive of style to be able to engage, influence and persuade
- Ability to work with and engage many different cultures and personalities and interests to deliver the best output for the business.
- Be able to step back from the detail to appreciate a wider situation and the implications that may occur.
- Strong communicator – verbal and written
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Adexen career website on www.adexen.com to apply