Oracle Corporation is an American multinational computer technology corporation headquartered in Redwood City, California, United States. The company specializes in developing and marketing computer hardware systems and enterprise software products – particularly its own brands of database management systems. As of 2011, Oracle is the second-largest software maker by revenue, after Microsoft.
The company also builds tools for database development and systems of middle-tier software, enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, customer relationship management (CRM) software and supply chain management (SCM) software.
SALES MANAGER, Nigeria, Ghana
- Manages Oracle Applications sales in Nigeria, Ghana
- Reports to the Sales Director
- Leads a team of Applications Sales Representatives /Territory Managers
- Works towards an allocated license and SaaS/cloud sales revenue target
- Works across multiple Lines of Businesses collaborating with Consulting, Applications and Alliances & Channels team
RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Achieve license sales against the revenue target (annually and quarterly)
- Maintain understanding of the given sectors and Oracle’s value propositions for these sectors
- Develop pipeline and continuously mature & qualify opportunities in order to increase Oracle’s market share and to be enable achievement of sales target
- Monitor the progress of key customer transactions in the sales cycle to ensure Oracle's business processes and procedures are followed
- Ensure use of planning / reporting tools in a quality & timely manner
- Monitor customers’ satisfaction with Oracle, addressing any issues and promoting reference ability & building effective working relationships with key executives
- Manage a sales team, providing direction, leadership and motivation
- Set objectives and review the performance of individuals and take action to ensure targets are met & recruit/induct new team members as required
- Monitor and review individuals plans, forecasts and sales activities and ensure corrective action is taken as necessary
- Act as an ambassador for Oracle with customers’ executives
- Identify and exploit marketing activities and campaigns that support achievement of targets
- Engage with relevant Oracle Partners as appropriate
QUALIFICATIONS / SKILLS:
- 10+ years of relevant senior sales experience from IT company (preferably software)
- Sound knowledge in application sales is highly advantageous
- Strong sales and negotiation skills, ability to influence others
- Experience in sales management is a must
- Proven successful track record on the Nigeria market
- Strong result orientation
- People management experience is a must
- Excellent interpersonal skills; building/developing relationships, both internally and externally
- Ability to work in a complex organization; leading or being a member of virtual teams
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- University degree
- Sales Manager experience in a multinational company is an advantage
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
- Overall responsibility for the regions sales, third party alliances, and customer satisfaction. Develops and implements a comprehensive strategy that maximizes Oracle*s opportunities across all products and product lines.
- Manages and develops a team of sales representatives including recruiting, hiring, and training new reps on the Oracle sales process. Sells and promotes the sales of Oracle products to customers including negotiating price, other concessions and terms and conditions of the sale. Participates in strategic and tactical planning for the division. Builds working relationships with license, consulting and education field managers in the respective territory to develop joint account plans. Develops and execute a territory plan to maximize revenue. Generates and achieves monthly territory forecasts, and accurately predicts revenue on a monthly basis. Manages escalation. Conducts weekly progress meetings with sales team.
- Manages and controls activities in multi-functional areas or sections. Ensures appropriate operational planning is effectively executed to meet Corporate specifications. Minimum five or more years sales or sales management experience within technology industry. Ability to hire and train new sales representatives. Ability to resolve customer satisfaction issues. Demonstrated leadership skills. Effective written and verbal communication skills, ability to present to large and small audiences. Ability to negotiate price, other concessions and terms and conditions. Strong quantitative, analytical and conflict resolution abilities.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to ORACLE career website on oracle.taleo.net to apply