Walter Reed Program-Nigeria (WRP-N) - The Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International is wholly owned subsidiary of the Henry Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine, Inc which is a nonprofit corporation authorized by the congress of the United States of America.
The U.S Department of Defense Walter Reed Program Nigeria supports a military to military partnership with the Nigerian Ministry of Defence liaison office, the Health Implementation Plan (NMOD HIP). HJFMRI through partners with the Walter Reed Program Nigeria is actively involved in the President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), and HIV Research activities.
Report to: Deputy Director Research
Work Hours: 40
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports the design, development and implementation of clinical research activities and protocols to in furtherance of the Department Of Defense Walter Reed Program Nigeria (DODWRP-N) mission and the West African region.
- Supervise staff at site and develop relationships with partners with similar research vaccine mission related to DODWRP-N.
- Participates in the analysis, presentation and publication of scientific papers.
- Assists with oversight, management, coordination of research activities between site teams and DOD WRP-N.
- Provides medical consultation and management of research volunteers.
- Leverages expertise in support of expansion of DOD WRPN research activities.
- Performs other assignments as required.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements:
- A Bachelor's degree in Medicine & Surgery is required. A Fellowship in West African College of Physicians or National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria in Internal Medicine or Pediatrics is required.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, or Clinical Research will be added advantage.
- Training in Good Clinical Practice and Ethics is required.
Prior Work Experience:
- The incumbent must have minimum of eight years working experience as a Medical Practitioner, of which two years must be in medical research.
- Experience in protocol development, clinical trials and publication of journals is required.
- Level IV English (fluency in both written and oral) is required
- Must be registered with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria.
- Supervision by the Deputy Director Research.
- Substantial interaction with the Country Director is anticipated.
- Knowledge of Clinical Medicine and the procedures and techniques necessary for performing research tasks.
- Knowledge of clinical research programs under “Good Clinical Practices”.
- Knowledge of Research regulatory procedures.
- Incumbent will exercise full supervisory responsibility of study staff: Medical Officer, Pharmacist, and Nurses.
- Responsibilities include monitoring and evaluating work performance, applying discipline, selection of new employees, and granting personnel leave.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong Leadership, analytical, communication, and writing skills is required.
- Ability to communicate effectively to include effective presentations.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Willingness to travel 30% of work time is required for this position.
Annual Gross salary range
NGN13, 000,000 - 15,000.000
Method of Application
Applicants should send their cover letter and CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.orgNote: All applications should reach the email on/before the deadline above. Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale