Fresh Job Vacancy at APM Terminals Nigeria
Posted on: 29 August, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View All Jobs at APM Terminals
APM Terminals Nigeria is the largest container handling company in West Africa, currently operating the biggest container facility of the three serving Lagos, Nigeria’s largest city and business center. With our global standard container handling equipment and facilities, APM Terminals Nigeria has contributed to trade in Nigeria over the past 10 years by improving the quality of the country’s port operations. APM Terminals’ expanding operations in Nigeria is powered by a team of about 1000 dedicated professionals who focus on providing world-class services, unparalleled container handling solutions and lifting global trade in Nigeria.
- Manages all aspects of land access and resettling existing co0mmunities in accordance with the Badagry resettlement overall plan, Equator Principles, framework and procedures in a timely manner to meet the businesses’ exploration, development and overall project schedules.
- Manage any required updates or developments resettlement framework and procedures, to ensure continued planned project effectiveness, regulatory compliance and alignment with set standards.
- Manage the Resettlement team and Resettlement consultants.
- Report progress to the Nigeria Country Manager and ensures resettlement provisions are incorporated into project schedules.
- Oversees the Badagry port resettlement budget
- Work closely with Internal and external stakeholders to ensure efficient and effective resettlement processes are implemented.
- Track construction progress, related to the resettlement of the involved communities, against the approved baseline and, where appropriate, ensure issues are pro-actively addressed, resolved and/or escalated and reported.
- In line with corporate standards, implement best in class project management practices across the construction parts of the resettlement project and ensure they are consistently deployed by contractors.
- Ensures that the Contractor(s) fulfils his role under the contract and acts as primary point of contact for the contractor(s)
- Liaise with the project engineering department at the APM Terminals head office to ensure consistency with APM Terminals’ standard requirements
- Ensure alignment between construction and resettlement agreements, broader social investment initiatives and project initiatives that have influence on the resettlement project or project master schedule.
- Ensure all required data and documentation is obtained, managed and shared. Ensure documentation is in place to demonstrate an IFC-compliant approach.
- Lead on the commissioning, procurement and management of external expertise and services relating to resettlement, including legal, valuation, compensation and baseline data.
- Assess the identified risks on an ongoing basis & identify trigger events
- Own strategies to deal with & manage the identified risks
- Ensure that the APMT Group risk policy is implemented & followed by all levels within the company.
Who we are looking for:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in project management; managing interdependencies in complex projects
- Minimum 5 years of leadership experience
- Preferably 5 years of experience within APMT
- Committed to deliver external outcomes, i.e. a solid business – driven by value add to APMT
- Can take on multiple roles to bridge divergent interests
- Comfortable with setting direction in complexity and ambiguity, finds solutions to tough problems, while actively managing resistance to change
- Integrating personality - ability to spot and address misalignment between work streams
- Strong planning skills and high analytical capability
- High discipline - following through on actions and ensuring necessary documentation
- High quality awareness and ability to work with constant care
- Ability to engage a senior management team and ability to build strong working relationships
- Can work easily with a diversity of people, politically agile, skilled communicator, manages interpersonal conflict well
- Delivers results (even in tough situations), resourceful, inspiring, has significant presence, builds high performing teams
- In general strong leadership skills are required for this role
- An opportunity to be part of a high performance team
- Communication in broader context
- Negotiating in different cultures.
- You the opportunity to work with partners, shareholders, authorities and other stake holders.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to APM Terminals career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about APM TerminalsSimilar Jobs
- HR and Admin Officer at a Petroleum Trading Company
- Graduate Sales Representatives at a Shipping and Logistics Firm - Fez Integrated Services
- Web Developers at HMM Limited
- IT Specialist at West Africa Container Terminal (WACT) - APM Terminals
- MO Solutions & Operations Manager at Bollore Transport Logistics
- Sales and Marketing Officers at Nation Delivery Nigeria Limited
- Superintendent, Stores at APM Terminals
- Logistics Officers at a Logistics Firm - Aldelia Group