Finance Vacancy at Westside Academy
Posted on: 29 August, 2016
Deadline: 30 September, 2016
View Jobs in Education / Teaching
View Jobs posted same day
Westside Academy, is currently seeking for suitably qualified candidate to fill the position at School Bursar.
- The school bursar performs responsible administrative work in the day-to-day management of the Cashier's Office in Westside Academy.
- His/her responsibilities involves the keeping of accurate records of tuition, fees, and other cash receipts as well as the disbursement of scholarship and loan funds. Work is performed under administrative guidance
- Ensure the school makes the best possible use of resources through effective strategic planning, including consideration of all financial implications.
- Manage all or the majority of the disciplines of finance, human resource management, whole-school administration and marketing. This to include all general training and development of staff, and all matters within the management of the school which are supportive to, but do not involve, the teaching function.
- Monitor all accounting procedures and resolve any problems
- Provide a comprehensive payroll service for all school staff and reports to the School Director and the Principal.
- Collect tellers and all kinds of fee from students.
- Accounts for all cash and prepares deposits for crediting to Westside Academy bank accounts.
- Develops and maintains sound working relationships with banks and other financial institutions.
- Formulates and administers procedures and operating policies for area of responsibility.
- Manages the set up and maintenance of computerized accounting records.
- Carries out other functional duties required by Westside Academy Management.
- Knowledge of computer applications and terms regarding accounting.
- Knowledge of managerial methods and techniques.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws affecting the school accounting.
- Ability to plan and organize work schedules.
- Ability to meet and serve the public tactfully and effectively.
- Ability to administer established policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to use a personal computer and other office equipment.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Public Administration, or related field of study. Additional job-related education may substitute for required experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Four years of responsible experience in the area of cash collections or money management accounting at the supervisory level required.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application and CV's to email@example.com
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Executive Assistant for Academic Affairs at the Postgraduate School of Credit and Financial Management (PSCFM)
- HR Officer at Greensprings School
- Head of School at A Prominent Nursery and Primary School
- Provost at the Federal College of Education (Technical) Umunze
- Trinitate Advanced College (TAC) Fresh Job Recruitment
- Vice-Chancellor at Chrisland University
- Job Openings at Yaba College of Technology
- Jobs at Landmark University