Our client is a specialized printing organization based in Lagos. Due to continuous growth and expansion, the services of a Procurement Officer is required.
Job Location: Lagos Mainland
The Procurement Officer will be responsible for coordinating and assisting with sustainable procurement initiatives, responsible for the timely procurement and delivery of high quality, low cost materials and the proper processing of assigned customer orders. He/she will support procurement projects across the organization, providing procurement advice to staff, negotiating new supply agreements and renegotiating existing supply agreements.
- Process purchase requisitions / orders within purchasing authority.
- Establish and negotiate contract terms and conditions, and maintain supplier relationships.
- Prepare and maintain purchasing records, reports and price lists.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to determine procurement needs, quality, and delivery requirements.
- Administer contract performance, including delivery, receipt, warranty, damages and insurance.
- Reconcile or resolve value discrepancies with stakeholders.Comply with and maintain knowledge of applicable rules, legislation, regulations, standards, and best practices.
- Ensures the timely delivery of quality products at the lowest possible cost.
- Participates in the selection of suppliers based on best criteria’s.
- Complies with the Regulatory Authority procedures and regulations.
- Conducts a comparative analysis on supplier prices.
- Reviews and evaluates the performance of the suppliers.
- Processes the necessary clearance documents e.g Way bills etc.
- Ensures the proper processing of assigned customer orders e.g. Verifies quantification of orders; Verifies that the required order is within the agreed budget.
- Submits final invoices to the Finance and Accounts Department
- Monitor internal procurement systems and processes and ensure that compliance is achieved across the organisation.
- Maintain accurate auditable records of all procurement process which result in high process compliance.
- Develop and maintaining close working relationships with internal and external contacts as appropriate.
- Any other duty of similar responsibilities assigned from time to time.
- A degree in(e.g., in a business field such as economics, logistics, supply chain management, operations management, finance, mathematics, or statistical analysis). A professional designation related to supply chain is considered an asset.
- 2 – 4 years previous work experience in the printing sector with procurement responsibilities is required. In addition, supply chain work-related skill, knowledge, or experience is considered an asset.
- High level of computer literacy, with specific requirements for Access databases, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Skill set should include: communication, active listening and learning, reading comprehension, coordination, judgment and decision making, organization, time management, writing, service orientation, negotiation, and mathematics.
- Work Value & Style: detail oriented, dependable, and cooperative, stress tolerant, independent, initiative, persistent, adaptable/flexible, independent and comfortable making decisions, multi-tasking, integrity, self control and adhere to a code of ethical conduct.
Salary & Application:
Method of Application
Qualified applicants should forward CVs to ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’
using ‘DPE1’ as subject of mail before 10th September, 2016. Wrongly titled applications will not be opened. Applicants who do not meet the above criteria need not apply. Please be guided.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.