Standard Chartered Bank Nigeria - We attract talented individuals. Not only can they give you the benefit of their experience, they also reveal a closer, more personal look at the wide range of global opportunities we offer. At the core of the Group's people strategy is our focus on employee engagement. Engagement is a key driver of productivity and performance, which creates the foundation of our performance culture. We encourage and focus on the behaviours that bring out the very best from every employee, assessing their performance not just on results but on how those results were achieved. To further embed these behaviours we have a remuneration programme in place, carefully designed to incentivise our employees to live our values every day.
Job ID: 527010
- Responsible for the development, implementation and delivery of the Group Technology Strategy to ensure support of the IT infrastructure and applications services in country to enable business operations and create the platform for business growth
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure alignment to global IT policies and standards to support local initiatives; migration and implementation of best practice from peer sites and providing cost effective and compliant IT solutions to the business thus contributing towards the financial performance and growth of SCB in the local market
- Ensure the business is equipped with the necessary technology solutions and processes for compliance purposes
- Provide leadership and direction for Country Technology; to drive service excellence by recruiting, developing and retaining talented staff and providing them with appropriate infrastructure to perform their duties
- Lead the team to manage first and second line desktop support, Main Technology Room (“MTR”), Change Management, Incident Management and Problem management, as well as Request Management System (“RMS”) to ensure desktop user experience meets market standards
- Ensures Technology Strategy/Roadmap is aligned to business strategy and the bank’s collective agenda
- Engages in high level discussions with internal and external stakeholders to understand needs (including outsourcing plans) in order to develop fit for country strategies which drives investments
- Engages various stakeholders including the Engineer and Build teams, Project Managers, Country Technology and Operation teams, for driving common Strategic Project Agenda
- Uses internal and external financial and business indicators and scenario planning to pre-empt business challenges such as capacity and obsolescence risks and new regulations and to formulate responses
- Drives synergies between Country Technology team and Group Technology support teams to ensure that they understand requirements and support the team in delivering the business strategy and deliverables
- Manages and influences stakeholders through effective communication to achieve desired results
- Remains abreast on current market practices and innovations, identifies and shares best practice with other CTMs with the view to developing and implementing better, standardised, simplified and innovative technology strategies and solutions - addressing cause not effect, minimizing non value-added and duplicated activities and reducing turnaround time (“TAT”)
- Builds a people and unit road map that ensures an effective team – utilising all the people tools to continuously raise employee engagement and ensure function is seen as a “Great Place to Work”
- Participates in customer meetings, helps review and attain benchmark service standards and maintains cross border relationships
- Maintains service level agreements and use metrics to drive decisions on service improvement which helps improve customer service
- Establishes a performance culture around Risk Management using root cause analysis and corrective action planning as key elements of operational risk management
- To manage In-country technology team’s Risk and Compliance related issues locally by access, monitor, review and follow up actions.
- Accountable for the enforcement of global strategies and standards, ensuring risk and compliance and security, data confidentiality and build standards are followed
- Manages and meets the unit’s operations budget (including stretch budget targets) and financial KPIs
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or any other relevant field is required with a minimum of a second class degree.
- Good level of understanding of technology (mobile, storage, databases, etc)
- Strong knowledge of Banks end to end systems and Project Management skill
- Knowledge on Data Centre operations and facility management
- Strong business management skills (entrepreneurship), with demonstrable track record in a dynamic environment
- Relevant Technology Certifications
- Results driven with strategic qualities and a strong will to achieve business objectives
- Ability to work within a multi function, multi culture, multi discipline team environment with strong influencing and stakeholder management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to engage mentor and motivate performance in others
- Not less than 5 years in IT Infrastructure management role
- Good communications skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Standard Chartered Bank career website on cgportal.global.standardchartered.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.