LoftyInc specializes in venture incubation & early stage funding in West Africa. We are involved in Business & Project Incubation. With offices in Lagos, Nigeria we focus on early stage companies and pre-funding stage projects where we add the most value. LoftyInc operates with the Africa Leadership Forum a major business incubation platform, Wennovation Hub, located in Ikeja Lagos .
The Corporate Business Manager will report directly to the Executive Management Team (EMT) to manage the day-to-day activities of headquarters operations including planning, organizing, leading, and controlling LoftyInc routine operational and business demands including accounting, compliance and human resource management.
The individual will also be responsible for supporting the EMT in developing and implementing other activities of the headquarters including Fundraising, Media Relations & Communications, Partnerships, Projects as well as Recruiting.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Corporate Business Manager will perform a wide range of duties including some or all of the following:
- Oversee the day to day accounting and treasury roles including financial controller for the organization
- Manage the business needs of the two key locations of the business in Lagos and Ibadan
- Oversee daily schedule and deliverables of the internal staff of headquarter
- Manage critical operations like travel/logistics, procurement and administrative activities
- Oversee human resources issues and affairs including recruiting
- Review all spendings year to date, and put them in appropriate bucket with the goal of meeting year end audit requirements
- Review compliance gaps in accounting, VAT or pencom remittance and advise EMT on how to bridge them at minimal cost
- Develops financial control protocols for spendings out of all the corporate accounts
- Develops detailed personnel records/files for all Staff of LoftyInc, and implement performance assessment protocol to be implemented at year end for non-EMT staff
- Reviews payables and receivables- including about to gestate projects, and develops detailed cash flow plan for LoftyInc for EMT review and approval
- Develops understanding of the outstanding debts to shareholders, vendors etc and develops a pay-off plan in line with cash flow expectation
- Takes on responsibility for filing and updating all compliance records (working with necessary outside professionals) including - o Annual Audit Statement o CAC Annual Report o NSITF o ITF o Pencom o BPP o etc.
- Capture all vendor contracts and agreements, and develops procedure for future procurement and approvals for EMT approval.
Qualifications and Skills
- A relevant university diploma or degree in Accounting, and suitable certifications in Accounting/Finance. Certification in Human Resource/Personnel Management is a plus, otherwise candidate must be prepared to undergo training.
- Sufficient practice and knowledge of web 2.0 with strong IT
- Demonstrate strong project management skills
- Openness, creativity, leadership potentials
- Experience with managing people
- Intense activity on social media and virtual collaboration/communication tools
- Passion for openness, networking, and African technology development.
- Ability to be resourceful and to delegate
- High sense of organisation and self-discipline
- Capacity to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
Location: This person will be based in the Lagos Headquarters for 6 months probation period
Method of Application
CVS that meet the above requirements should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.