Logistics is essential in any manufacturing process, in the retail industry and for many other operations. It links all the stages from finding raw materials to delivering the finished product.
Logisticians make sure the relevant people are kept informed so that potential problems can be detected earlier, allowing more time to solve them and to assess the impact further down the chain.
Department: Information Technology
Reporting Line: Technical Support Manager
The Network Administrator will Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure. He/she will select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team, he/she will also liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution;
His specific responsibilities shall include the following:
- Hands-on knowledge of cisco router/switches and firewall.
- Hands-on experience in Routing protocol, OSPF/EIGRP
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS)
- Basic understanding network service. DHCP, DNS, Proxy, NAT etc.
- TCP/IP network design and configuration
- Network Documentation skills
- Basic understanding of Voice over IP technology (Cisco preferred)
- Hands-on experience in Enterprise wireless implementation
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and Windows server operating system
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge of IT security skills in Encryption, Endpoint protection, Email protection
- Basic knowledge of MS- Exchange.
- Sound knowledge of TCP/IP, IPv4 and CIDR
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Minimum HND/BSc. Degree in Computer Science or in a related discipline.
- 1 – 3 years networking, database and Security industry experience.
- CCNP in Routing & Switching a plus
- Process driven, with strong analytical and planning skills.
- Technical & Professional proficiency
- Strong coaching and team leadership skills
- Very good problem solving skills
- Excellent customer service orientation.
- Vendor relationship and negotiating skills.
- Business communication and project management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with relevant areas of the business.
- Knowledge of and experience with: Information systems, Unix/Linux, Windows AD, ERPs, LANS/WANS; Windows Server Environment, Microsoft SQL Server; Microsoft Exchange; Internet Information Services; Oracle; Web design, software development languages; backup systems
Method of Application
Application is closed for this position.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale