Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
Job ID: 18602
Location: Lagos Island
Job Sector: Banking
- Conduct on-going research and analysis to enable the Relationship Managers to fully understand the clients’ business, context, and identify potential business opportunities for the bank.
- Interpret the research findings and analytics. Make recommendations regarding potential opportunities or risks so that the Relationship Manager is able to proactively identify solutions or mitigate commercial risks.
- Client and industry research and analysis: Conduct research on clients, their business, operations and performance, as well as trends in their specific industries at the request of the Relationship Managers. Up-to-date and on-going client and industry information, which can be used to identify opportunities and risks.
- Client relationship management: Compile and analyse information regarding sales activity and business pipeline. Provide the Relationship Managers with analysis that can be used to inform their account management plans.
- Interact and liaise with clients with the purpose of providing or requesting information, to assist in the deal execution and/or gathering critical information for the bank. Provide on-going assistance to Relationship Managers in the implementation of the agreements.
- Information Management: Ensure that the client information is updated in all the relevant information systems, and when out-dated, liaise with clients to gather the updated information. Updated client information that can be used for analysis and marketing purposes.
- Compile and analyse reports on client profitability, product profitability and provide input to the budget planning and performance management process. Ensure updated and accurate information that can be used for budget planning or performance analysis.
- Support the Credit Process: Support RMs in the credit process including credit applications, PCC (paper preparation), excess management, compliance related issues to achieve zero write-off of debt, zero operational loss issues and other relevant workflows between credit and coverage. Assist in conducting an efficient credit process.
- Client Deal Enablement: (Note that it is the decision of the CB Head that either a new role is defined / current one extended for the Product Credit Committee (PCC) and Client support functions that CB will provide for all CIB clients across product/business lines). On-going review of client base for potential High Risk clients. Consistent client deal enablement at required standard.
- Develop and prepare credit paper for submission to the Product Credit Committee (PCC) in conjunction with Relationship Manager.
- Develop and prepare appropriate documentation to complete annual credit review in conjunction with the Relationship Manager.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Business related field.
- A post graduate business degree will be considered an advantage.
- 1 to 2 years in the Banking, Financial Services or Business Consulting.
- Experience in conducting research and analytics, supported by strong computer proficiency skills.
The job holder should as a minimum have the following traits / abilities and personal characteristics:
- Good verbal communication
- Ability to express ideas, analysis, findings, formulate recommendations
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to handle, manage and resolve conflict within the unit and across the Debt Solutions Division
- Good numerical ability,
- People management skills,
- Team player,
- Ability to retain optimism despite setbacks
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Stanbic IBTC career website on careers.peopleclick.eu.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.