iDEA is creating new opportunities for Nigerian entrepreneurs by supporting them to develop solutions and business models that make businesses and commerce more efficient, provide new ways to deliver government and social services and help reduce poverty and unemployment.
We are hiring a General Manager, Incubation to manage our Incubation Programme working with a variety of people, organizations and companies to create a unique and supportive environment for Nigerian start-up companies.
The General Manager Incubation is a highly visible position, (s)he will be responsible to ensure the overall orchestration and coordination of activities in & partnerships for the Incubation Programme.
The General Manager, Incubation will develop and oversee a suite of support services for resident companies, including workshops, bootcamps, mentors, software tools and shared resource management ensuring that the Incubator offers a differentiating experience to the startups being incubated.
The General Manager, Incubation is the prime interface for entrepreneurs and responsible for managing the operations, planning, marketing and development of the incubation centre. This position requires a team player with leadership qualities, excellent marketing skills, a professional and positive attitude, organization and dependability. This is a challenging role but at the same time makes available endless opportunities and learning for the candidate.
The ideal candidate will have a mix of business development skills that are required to drive developer, academic, and ecosystem engagement and innovation skills required to keep the Incubator relevant within the ecosystem, as well as business management skills required to measure impact and to keep the Incubator financially sustainable.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES/ACTIVITIES :
- Support the selection process of new tenants.
- Induct new tenants, assist and support them throughout their development.
- Monitor trends in startups and business incubation to bring the highest service level to the Centre and its resident companies.
- Create and manage Centre programming to include: identifying topics and instructors to deliver workshops, bootcamps, and a variety of related events.
- Advise on every stage of the startup lifecycle, from go-to-market strategy, customer acquisition, monetization, business development and beyond.
- Set KPIs with the teams and closely track to ensure continual progression, revenue, user growth, etc., and compile monthly KPI reporting to MEST management team.
- Oversee legal and compliance processes for portfolio companies.
- Recruit and supervise paid and volunteer staff.
- Identify and maintain directory of trusted providers of professional services to startups.
- Create partnerships with local businesses, universities, tech groups, relevant external stakeholders, including venture investors, corporates, banks, telcos, foundations, government, press and the local startup community
- Give voice to the Programme– overseeing our channels of communication including through our website, email newsletter and social media
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A Bachelor’s Degree is a minimum requirement
- Minimum 5 years experience
- Good interpersonal skills and leadership skills.
- Previous work experience at a startup or incubator.
- Experience in business modeling and startup development.
- Passionate about growing startup ecosystem in Nigeria
- Evidence of strong organizational, networking and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to network within the business community.
- Ability to work with diverse groups including businesses, entrepreneurs, major corporations, universities, the public and economic development organizations.
- Ability to operate as a business professional and an effective educator, and show evidence of a willingness to fulfill both roles.
- Possess skills required to instruct and assist clients in the areas of business plan development, market analysis, identification of and process to apply for sources of capital for business development and growth, business tax issues, and laws related to employment issues.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to iDEA Nigeria career website on www.linkedin.com to apply