Chemonics International, an international development firm based in Washington, DC., seeks professionals for USAID’s anticipated multi-year health program in Nigeria; the Strategic HIV and AIDS Response Program (SHARP).
- This program will focus on improving the quality and effectiveness of high-impact, evidence-based HIV/AIDS interventions to meet state and local government areas’ goals and objectives.
- It will implement governance, access, and demand activities for HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis services. Specific objectives include targeted and efficient HIV case identification and linkage to care and treatment; enrollment of patients in HIV/AIDS therapy, with adequate adherence and minimal loss to follow-up; successful suppression of HIV viral loads; specialized services that attract key populations; and increased capacity of the government of Nigeria to expand, oversee, and finance HIV/AIDS and tuberculosis services.
- We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Provide overall program leadership, management, and technical direction
- Serve as a key liaison with USAID, the government of Nigeria, program stakeholders, and counterparts in the public and private sectors
- Manage and supervise the work of program personnel and subcontractors
- Ensure that all program assistance is technically sound and appropriate
- Collaboratively create and implement a strategic, long-term programmatic vision
- Oversee program work planning, performance management, and strategic communications
- Master’s degree in Public Health or Medicine
- Minimum 10 years of relevant development experience designing, implementing, and managing USAID or other donor-funded health programs of similar size, scope, and complexity
- Experience as chief of party on a donor-funded project in Nigeria or West Africa preferred
- Proven success in managing HIV/AIDS programs; strong technical knowledge of HIV/AIDS, malaria, tuberculosis, maternal and child health, health systems strengthening, and quality improvement/assurance
- Ability to work collaboratively with local government stakeholders, international donors, and local partners at the national and sub-national levels; record of building capacity of local partners
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation, data management, and knowledge sharing
- Experience working closely with multidisciplinary teams in developing countries
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to articulate a strategic vision
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
Method of Application
In addition, please download and complete "Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form" and submit it separately to: EEOselfidentify@chemonics.com with only “Nigeria SHARP COP” recruit in the subject line. If you prefer not to disclose your sex, race, or ethnicity, you may check “I do not wish to complete the information requested.”
Download Chemonics’ equal employment opportunity self-identification form
Note: Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the positions are filled. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Interested and qualified? Go to Chemonics International career website on ghdrecruit.formstack.com to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale