Career Opportunity at Cadbury Nigeria Plc
Posted on: 23 August, 2016
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at Cadbury Nigeria Plc
Cadbury Nigeria Plc is a subsidiary of Mondelz International Inc, an American multinational confectionery, food and beverage conglomerate, employing around 107,000 people around the world. It comprises the global snack and food brands of the former Kraft Foods Inc.
Job Number: 1612150
- The Demand Planner will be responsible for being an effective contributor to the demand management cycle of the Integrated Business Planning (IBP) process for their Families & a contributor to strategy & structure discussions.
- You will act as the link between the commercial and operational teams and develop ways to continuously improve communications between the functions to support the delivery of the business KPI’s for their Families/Category.
- The Demand Planner will contribute to the business by developing a rolling forecast that will ensure that the business runs off an aligned, agreed and common set of numbers.
- You will facilitate a top-down, bottom-up, and middle-out forecast for our brands to ensure that a realistic plan is in place.
Primary Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Facilitate the collaborative demand planning process:
- Work closely with Sales, Marketing and Finance (drive internal collaboration) to create Building Blocks at levels representative of market segments and product families that can be forecasted with levels of confidence and accuracy
- Develop detailed forecasts based on family level consensus forecasts, and will provide easy analysis for use in the IBP (Integrated Business Planning) process
- Ensure that assumptions, risks and opportunities are managed, understood and escalated.
- Map out demand drivers assumed in forecast & validate them against statistical and historical events.
- Lead forecast bias and forecast error corrective action within the categories
- Lead and facilitate the relevant forums of the monthly demand cycle for the Cocoa Beverages, Gum & Candy category
- Develop strong communication and partnering links with Regional Demand Planning / IBP Team, Sales, Category Activation and Supply Planning to ensure that supply planning issues are captured, and where applicable are escalated within business-wide category planning forum
- Ensure that risks to business are escalated within business-wide category planning forums with Root Cause Analysis and recommendations for mitigation.
- Ensure the accurate input by the portfolio team and the timely delivery as required by stakeholders, the demand team and the regional demand and IBP teams.
- Interface with relevant category supply planners to provide input to the weekly demand control process
- Coach and develop direct reports to ensure capabilities are constantly achieved and sought for development within a current role and for future roles within the business.
- Ensure the maintenance of all relevant system data to required standards. This includes date validity, Master Data and other data elements impacting on the planning process
- Monitor and communicate any imbalance or potential KPI miss with options to mitigate on a weekly and monthly basis. Key KPIs to monitors are Case Fill Rate (CFR), Month End Peak (MEP), Invoice Accuracy (IA), etc
- Follow through with issues and actions arising within the monthly business management cycle are managed to completion
Knowledge: including education, qualifications and training
- University Degree
- Understanding and knowledge of SAP ERP and planning systems (SCORe/APO)
- Extensive knowledge of Manufacturing capabilities and processes, production scheduling constraints
- Knowledge /understanding of linkages and functional interdependencies within the organization
- Intellectual Horsepower/ Handling complexity: Deal with concepts and complexity comfortably, critical questioning and ability to effectively rationalise
- Drive for results: ability to drive for completion to target
- Decision Quality: Make good decisions based on analysis, facts, wisdom and experience even under the time pressure
- Team Player; ability to support and lead to achieve common goals
- Interpersonal Savvy; ability to build good rapport, usage of diplomacy and tact, can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably
- Strong Communication and Presentation skills; can manage group process during the presentation, can change tactics midstream when something isn't working
- Standing alone; willing to be the only champion for an idea or position, is comfortable working alone on a tough assignment
- Problem solving: Proactive and resourceful in solving problems, offering innovative and practical solutions in dynamic environment.
- Time management: Ability to manage workload effectively even under pressure. Ability to set up priorities and focus on what matters to meet deadlines and fulfill key goals in an international dynamic environment
- 7-10 years of work experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in demand planning
- Experience of working with and managing multiple stakeholders
- Experience in leading key project development and execution
- The jobholder operates in a global highly complex and dynamic business environment.
- The jobholder is a part of the team who needs to successfully manage conflicting goals/interests on a daily basis.
- The position requires excellent proven functional and technical skills including planning system knowledge paired with business understanding and the capability to recognize trends and translate them into tangible solutions.
- Ability to develop and influence a wide network of business partners in the organizations.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Cadbury Nigeria Plc career website on mondelez.taleo.net to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Cadbury Nigeria PlcSimilar Jobs
- Dangote Group Recruitment for Construction Health and Safety Officers
- Jobs at Bromley Group
- Sales Manager Vacancy at a Paint Manufacturing Company
- Superintendent Pharmacist at Fareast Mercantile Company Limited
- Account Officer at Veritas Plastics & Packaging Company Limited
- Technical Operators at British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN)
- Job Opportunities at Wemy Industries Limited
- Sales Representatives at a Leading Publishing Company - Lorache Consulting (6 Positions)